Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Orgad
The pkg is removed from the ps4 hdd once moved to usb, the payload does everthing needed.

@ztinoezz
Lol she hates in the rear.

I dont have a pro but i know why its not working.
I will change it to check more ports because its only checking 2 but i will make it check all usb mount locations.

@stooged i see... so you're saying that the package installer is a whole thing, therefore u can't mess with it, since it'll always install the full package as it is.

then maybe there's a way to mess with the package itself, like a modified package that's weightless, just for installing, and the full package to be in the external hdd, what do u think about it.

also it'd be cool for the payload as it is... if it'd compare internal pkgs with all the pkgs in the root of the usb, and if there's a match to move it to its destined folder in its external hdd, or maybe pop a menu that would tell you to click on the correct pkg in the external hdd etc, instead of reconnecting it to the pc afterwards.

thanks for your great work, and for sistro's work, u guys are great.

@mtnjustme
Yes thats an idea i will try and test but i have a feeling the system is checking the pkg via a stored hash or something which is generated when the game is installed.

I tried to make a mini fpkg for one of my games but the ps4 give me an error, bc I don't know what files or the structure I have to use to make a mini fpkg of the game.

So please if any one knows the proper way to make a simple fpkg please write it down so we can try it, to make the linking more faster.

@stooged

Hello, first thank you for your work on this or on the android apps.

I have a problem before using them with my savs and games data, perhaps you could help me. Any help will be appreciate.

I deleted my saves and games datas on my 4.05 ps4 with debug settings (wrong choice in options, I thought it was for only one game). I would like to know if there is a way to recover them, especially the saves (I have no database backup, no ps+).
Or if there is a location on the ps4 file system where I can find them with ftp server access ?
Thanks in advance...

Maelialene

@stooged thanks for the works and effort to make it better everyday! Appreciated the effort really. So the ini key you say will be adding, it will be in next version? or already in v4? Also to revert the effect (putting the game back to internal), do I

1.) re-install the whole game or
2.) ftp the app pkg back into the corresponding folder in the internal /user/app/?

I would imagine they both will work, but probably 1 is faster anyway because it's not through the network... There is no faster way to do it right? What will it do to the HDD storage spaces (num revert back to previous state?)

Hey
I install games on hdd
And then run payload
It tell me all complete - but games are still on ps4 hdd. Why? I want all my games on the usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back