Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last KDW CFW2OFW v1.2 update, PlayStation 3 developer friendlyanon (aka helloiamsomeone and known as @Kusu here) recently made available CFW2OFW Helper v1 including source code for those Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW with an ongoing PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility thread by @nikitaluger alongside the List of Working PS3 CFW Games on OFW by @albatawy and details below. (y)

Download: CFW2OFW Helper (Latest Release) / GIT

To quote from helloiamsomeone on Reddit: CFW2OFW Helper Release

I created a very simple tool to save users the headaches that converting games for CFW2OFW data utility transfer exploit might cause.. well at least it did for me.

This is the very first thing I ever created with C#, so feedback is welcome. I'd like more people to test this, because I am not able to test the result of this program currently. If you have simple suggestions, then post them here, technical issues should go on GitHub and reports about a conversion being incompatible go in here if possible.

From the README.md file: CFW2OFW-Helper

Providing aid in converting video games.

Requirements
Usage

See the help screen of the program.

Todo
  • Remake/Combine PKG handling code
  • Add more options as arguments (feedback is welcome)
  • and some more?
License

WTFPL
CFW2OFW Helper for Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW by FriendlyAnon.png

Comments

Yes, but with some little care that wont happens, its common sense.

This tool should have an "off" option to download dlcs and paid content.
Saludos.

Yes, but with some little care that wont happens, its common sense.

This tool should have an "off" option to download dlcs and paid content.
Saludos.
You mean you should only convert destiny game (not the taken king) and once you moved to the original console you have to buy the dlcs after... is that you meant ?

You mean you should only convert destiny game (not the taken king) and once you moved to the original console you have to buy the dlcs after... is that you meant ?
If you include any paid/encripted content in yur converted games, you are in the first line jumping from the trenchs.

Its just matter of time and the banhammer will prevail...

If you include any paid/encripted content in yur converted games, you are in the first line jumping from the trenchs.

Its just matter of time and the banhammer will prevail...
it's that I experienced it ..what would it be the solution? converting only destiny and then purchasing the dlcs through the psn account using the original console?

Yes, thats the first and better option that common sense indicates.
Well, I just thought about it and I ended up it wouldn't work either.:D ..I tell you why :

Destiny, as you know, requires online than, even if you only convert the game and no dlc.. at the end of the process you'll have a digital version of destiny into your original console. The issue will come up again, because bungie sees no match between your digital version and no psn transaction and you'll be banned :)...

Thus, in my opinion, the conversion isn't worth on original console for those games where online is a must

Well, I just thought about it and I ended up it wouldn't work either.:D ..I tell you why :

Destiny, as you know, requires online than, even if you only convert the game and no dlc.. at the end of the process you'll have a digital version of destiny into your original console. The issue will come up again, because bungie sees no match between your digital version and no psn transaction and you'll be banned :)...

Thus, in my opinion, the conversion isn't worth on original console for those games where online is a must
No, your converted BD version still remains as a Bxxx(param.sfo), so you have a "BD" inside and your purchased content will be atached to a bd game, so until today no problem.My experience doing it right.

Off course, if new checks where added... nobody knows.

No, your converted BD version still remains as a Bxxx(param.sfo), so you have a "BD" inside and your purchased content will be atached to a bd game, so until today no problem.My experience doing it right.

Off course, if new checks where added... nobody knows.
When you say"...your converted BD version still remains as a Bxxx(param.sfo)...." you mean Do you start the process from your destiny physical disc or from your a jb version downloaded over internet?... After the conversion and transfer you see in the xmb console the destiny icon as a digital game not as blue ray disc...

When you say"...your converted BD version still remains as a Bxxx(param.sfo)...." you mean Do you start the process from your destiny physical disc or from your a jb version downloaded over internet?... After the conversion and transfer you see in the xmb console the destiny icon as a digital game not as blue ray disc...
No, i repeat what i said, you are launching a bd game, not a digital version, its obvious, just check the files. Never use a psn version of an online game with dlcs, if the option exist, right??

And never include the dlcs in the convertion, obviously.
No matter the xmb icon, the system mounted a bd game.
Even if you launch a bd, there is a icon on xmb, always.

No, i repeat what i said, you are launching a bd game, not a digital version, its obvious, just check the files. Never use a psn version of an online game with dlcs, if the option exist, right??

And never include the dlcs in the convertion, obviously.
No matter the xmb icon, the system mounted a bd game.
Even if you launch a bd, there is a icon on xmb, always.
I made that question because if you also need the destiny disc, instead of one downloaded from the web (it means you have purchased it) , to convert it and after that you also have to purchase the dlcs where is the advantage in all this process?

I think you get the destiny from the web and then you follow the steps above mentioned... is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back