Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last KDW CFW2OFW v1.2 update, PlayStation 3 developer friendlyanon (aka helloiamsomeone and known as @Kusu here) recently made available CFW2OFW Helper v1 including source code for those Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW with an ongoing PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility thread by @nikitaluger alongside the List of Working PS3 CFW Games on OFW by @albatawy and details below. (y)

Download: CFW2OFW Helper (Latest Release) / GIT

To quote from helloiamsomeone on Reddit: CFW2OFW Helper Release

I created a very simple tool to save users the headaches that converting games for CFW2OFW data utility transfer exploit might cause.. well at least it did for me.

This is the very first thing I ever created with C#, so feedback is welcome. I'd like more people to test this, because I am not able to test the result of this program currently. If you have simple suggestions, then post them here, technical issues should go on GitHub and reports about a conversion being incompatible go in here if possible.

From the README.md file: CFW2OFW-Helper

Providing aid in converting video games.

Requirements
Usage

See the help screen of the program.

Todo
  • Remake/Combine PKG handling code
  • Add more options as arguments (feedback is welcome)
  • and some more?
License

WTFPL
CFW2OFW Helper for Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW by FriendlyAnon.png

Comments

I can't figure out how to make it not delete the source folder after conversion , there should be an .ini file but it's not anywhere. I have two more questions :
  • Can you make download just the first update and not all ?
  • Why do different converters output different results ? I checked the file's md5 and they're all converted different , what is different ?

There is something bugging me about the update package required as much of retail games never have. I stumble upon eboot fix and mod tools which generate BLXX##### folder in retail and pkg file in npdrm folder.

Curiously I try to use the folder instead along with NPXB##### folder from game convert result. Not to forget also copy the eboot.bin to the NPXB##### folder. I ended up getting two entry in xmb which one of them have (hdd) in the title.

The one with (hdd) throw me an error and the other one freeze my ps3 in black screen. After first reboot the (hdd) one disappears while the other still do the same.

What I'd like to know is can't we just generate the required BLXX##### like the eboot fix does, and make it behave like the extracted psn package so we could all be happy together?

Here's CFW2OFW Helper v9 from friendlyanon:

CFW2OFW Helper v9 Changelog:
  • EM checking on the titleID has been added
  • EM list is read from EmList.json (also bundled with release.zip)
    please check the link from time to time to see if a new one has been added
  • New settings have been added:
    • CheckForExclusiveMethod
      Enables or disables Exclusive Method checking
    • DeletePatchPkgAfterExtraction
      After extraction the PKGs used to be left behind, you can now have the program delete PKGs to save on space
  • Automatic update checking removed. From now on, if there is a new release, you will not be forced to update.
... and probably some other small tweaks in the code that don't really matter. Please read the help screen of the application thoroughly for the new settings.

Additionally, please if you get the chance to contribute to the CFW2OFW procedure, help by making additions/corrections to the CFW2OFW Compatibility List and the guides on /r/ps3homebrew

Downloads

Hi,

i have a ps3 with OFW that i had already injected with games by the CFW2OFW method, and im asking if possible to transfer games From my ps3 with OFW to another ps3 with OFW.

Thanks.

Here's CFW2OFW Helper v10 from friendlyanon we missed posting on last month for those following also:

CFW2OFW Helper v10 Changelog:
  • New setting: SkipSystemProxySettings
This will allow you to use the proxy defined by your system settings.

Thus far proxy lookup was disabled by default, because it really slowed down internet access on systems without proxies, due to .NET spending a lot of time in the Proxy segment of the network stack for auto-detection reasons.

Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back