Category PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 10, 2016 at 1:38 AM       27,640       3            
Following the previous release, PlayStation 3 developer baxalo recently updated the Control Fan Utility for PS3 CFW 4.78 / 4.80 followed by a 4.82 PS3 Fan Temperature Control and a v4.83 update by Evilnat.

Download: Control_Fan_Utility_ 1.9.4(4.78).pkg (221.48 KB) / Control_Fan_Utility_ 1.9.4(4.80).pkg (221.48 KB) / Control Fan Utility [v4.83 Unofficial].rar (214 KB) / GIT / Control.Fan.Utility.4.84.pkg (for CFW 4.84 DEX AND CEX) / GIT

To quote, roughly translated: We upgraded the fan management program for the PS3 to be compatible with the 4.78 and 4.80 CFW. Above we provide separately for each CFW the corresponding version of the Fan Control Utility. First uninstall the previous version and then put the new.

Some additional details are also available on it from GameSonic.it, as follows:

Color of LED:
  • Up to 70° will flash yellow and green
  • If the temperature is above 70° it will flash yellow, red and green
  • The green LED illuminates for 1.5 seconds every 11-12 seconds. This is the way the payload tells us that it is working normally (especially if shown a yellow LED)
Recommended Mode:

Payload mode

Installation:

Copy to a USB .pkg and the files install from Install Package Files.

Control Fan Utility PS3 Homebrew
Control Fan Utility.jpg

Comments

PLAYER 1

Contributor
There is no update at all, 1.9.4 is an ancient pkg i've being using since 4.4x i guess. It works on all the cfws. Tested that old pkg on 4.80 cobra ferrox.

Maybe the icon (greek flag) has changed (i change it after install it), dont know, anyway i dont need-want to register/login to other site to get this pkg.

Recent Articles
PSPlay: PS4 Remote Play App for Android Devices by Grill2010
Hi, In case someone is interested, after PSJoy which I've released one year ago and following my RemotePlayPrototype open source research project I have developed a new Android app called PSPlay...
PS4 Open-world RPG Shenmue III Joins New Games Next Week
Next week Yu Suzuki's open-world RPG series returns in the legendary Shenmue III on PS4 among the new video game releases! 🕹 PlayStation 4 fans can catch up with Ryo Hazuki in his ongoing quest...
Sony Asks PS4 Players for Feedback Ahead of PS5 Launch Next Year
According to kasual7, Sony recently sent out a survey asking for feedback from PS4 players ahead of the PS5 Launch late next year. 🤔 The questionnaire states: Tell us about your time with PS4 -...
Harsh Survival RPG Rust Launches on PlayStation 4 in 2020, PS4 Trailer
Video game developers Facepunch Studios and Double Eleven announced that the harsh survival RPG Rust on PC is slated to launch on PlayStation 4 in 2020 complete with a PS4 announcement trailer...