Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Easter on the way things are definitely hoppin in the PS4 hacking scene, and following confirmation of PS4 4.50 Kernel R/W Access and his recent updates PlayStation 4 developer @CTurt sent word on Twitter that he's updated from 1.76 to 4.06 OFW (Official Firmware) to test out the recent JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x exploit! :extremelyhappy:

When asked by @flex0 why he didn't take the plunge to 4.07 instead of going only to 4.06 @CTurt replied with the following explanation, to quote:

"4.06 is the version Luca is on, and I wanted to test out his stuff. 4.07 has the same bugs though."

In related news, following the PS4 HENkaku Exploit for 3.55 OFW, FireKaku PS4 3.15 / 3.50 Ports, his PS4 Playground (WIP) for Firmware 3.55 and PS4 3.55 Syscalls PlayStation 4 developer @SpecterDev announced on Twitter he's currently working on converting Qwertyoruiopz's exploit to 3.55. :thumbup:

Here are some of the related Tweets for those following along:

:stop: Once again, if you are not on Sony's latest PlayStation 4 Firmware 4.50 already it's recommended NOT to update your current System Software version until we receive further word from the PS4 scene developers.

Cheers to @j0lama on Twitter, Megias, @mcmrc1, @Nesterwork and @raedoob for the heads up! <3
CTurt Updates to 4.06, Specter Porting Qwertyoruiopz's PS4 Exploit to 3.55.jpg

Comments

Mine has so much dust on it

I keep it protected in the original PS4 box. It is expensive and I won't let dust on it. It is 2.57 FW on it. I cherish and care the system.

You need to take greatly care of PS4 because I have seen many used PS4 consoles being scratch, dent, and too much dusts on it in Pawn shop. So careless and irresponsible, jeez.

I keep it protected in the original PS4 box. It is expensive and I won't let dust on it. It is 2.57 FW on it. I cherish and care the system.

You need to take greatly care of PS4 because I have seen many used PS4 consoles being scratch, dent, and too much dusts on it in Pawn shop. So careless and irresponsible, jeez.
I wish a bought a pro, slim I got boxed up not even had it plastic covers taken off, fresh in a nice white box on 3.55...

Just a waiting game, only problem I see is the kernel exploit might not get released if its still there on 4.5++ but this is the best chance we got at the moment!

Since specter probably has the webkit plus the kernel exploit why even bother porting to 3.55 when the user can simply just update there ps4 which also has the advantage of allowing one to play PS4 games requiring that firmware. Seems kinda pointless to me porting to a older firmware if the exploits exist on more updated firmware's.

I will add that until a public release happens people DON'T update your firmware just incase these exploits never see the light of day.

Since specter probably has the webkit plus the kernel exploit why even bother porting to 3.55 when the user can simply just update there ps4 which also has the advantage of allowing one to play PS4 games requiring that firmware. Seems kinda pointless to me porting to a older firmware if the exploits exist on more updated firmware's.

I will add that until a public release happens people DON'T update your firmware just incase these exploits never see the light of day.
Spoke too soon specter has ported it to 3.50 3.55 3.70 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back