Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently @stooged lent a hand sharing both details with source code on Backing Up and Restoring the PS4 Database, and he followed up with a handy DbBackup.bin Payload compiled for PS4 4.05 OFW users to backup their PlayStation 4 database to a USB Drive alongside one for dumping save data below. :love:

Download: DbBackup.zip / Source Code / DB_SG_Backup.zip (8.79 KB - dumps save data into a folder called GameSaves) / DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip (8.27 KB - Dumps All User Accounts) / DB_SG_Backup3.zip (8.82 KB - Adds Notification Messages from 2much4u) / DB_Backup_455.zip (Updated for 4.55) / usb_455_db_backup.zip (0.02 MB) / Cache-Install: ApplicationCache.db / DB_SG_Backup-50X (Latest) / GIT

To quote from his recent post with usage instructions:

just put a usb stick/drive into the usb port and run the DbBackup.bin payload

it will save the addcont.db and app.db files inside a folder called DB_Dackup on the usb drive.

if you do not use a usb stick/drive it will backup the database into the /system_data/priv/mms/ folder on the ps4 and it will be called app.db_backup.

to restore the db just ftp into the /system_data/priv/mms/ directory and upload your backup copy.

credit to @XVortex for the neat way to check which usb port has the drive in it in their ps4dumper source, I tried a few other things with no decent result but @XVortex had a simple method to do the trick :)
DbBackup.bin Payload Backup PS4 Database to USB Drive by Stooged.jpg

Comments

Hi guys, thanks for all the stories related to the kpanic. I just encountered the dreaded, "kpanic" for the 1st time, by attempting to delete some pkgs to free up some disk space (500 gb model :(). Just a an FYI on how I got the panic, I ran the (xvortex HEN) pkg, opened a game title using the "options" button on controller, then selected "Deleted" with the star next to it, I guess for debug delete item. This option shows several sub-items than can be tagged/un-tagged to delete. I left all these turned on, mashed "ok", then the P$4, shut down (kpanic'ed) Ouch !! After turning P$4 back on, got the old rebuilding db notice, etc... Wish I would have seen this before that, but them's the breaks, right?

Any who, good to know that @stooged has addressed this issue and dev'ed the nice .bin to backup the app.db and other important items. Once again, kudos to @stooged for this work of art :) and all the other devs out there on the scene!!!

Thank you for your help.. I noticed other methods.. Since I deleted all my pkg-s from hard drive i would need to download every single one of them.. Then i ftp to my ps4 and found out there are pkg-s of all games i installed.. Only problem is slow speed when copying them to my pc... Speed is aroud 5mbps, so it is still slow when you calculate that I have almost 2tb of games...

Any idea how to do it faster.. (my ps4 is connected via wlan, maybe lan would improve transfer speed?) I tried to copy files direct to my e-hdd connected to ps4.. not working

if you are trying to copy the app.pkg files from the /user/app/ folder then you could use this payload to dump the entire /user/app/ folder to a usb hdd.
it will put all the files and folders into a folder called App_Dump on the hdd.

AppDump.bin

you will need a hdd with enough free space to have all the files dumped onto it, in your case you said 2tb of games so 2tb of free space.

just run the payload and wait, it will take a long time for 2tb so you will want to make sure your ps4 is not set to auto shut down after x hours.
you can minimize the www but don't close it or open/run anything else on the ps4 while it is dumping.

you could also try ftp and lan but wlan will probably be very slow.

appd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back