Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 6, 2020 at 1:30 AM       26      

Should PS5 Games Require an Internet Connection for Single Player?

• Yes, welcome to 2020!

Votes: 41 6.7%
  • No, welcome to 1984.

Votes: 236 38.6%
  • I won't buy PS5 Games with Mandatory Online Requirements!

Votes: 334 54.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With upcoming PS5 Games retailing at $69.99 Each for standard versions, many would think PlayStation 5 titles like Godfall would allow single player (offline mode) if you don't have an Internet connection or have poor / metered bandwidth... but the official site states Online Play Required with a Godfall Developer recently confirming this suspicion on Twitter stating, to quote:

"Godfall is not a service game, but does require an internet connection to play."

Beyond any 'big brother' concerns, many users claim Always-on DRM digital rights management such as Sony's SecuROM or Irdeto's Denuvo is notorious for slowing down video games so it will be interesting to see how the PlayStation 5 handles it. šŸ§

Previously we saw a Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Godfall PS5 Gameplay, Godfall Hinterclaw PS5 Trailer, Godfall PS5 Dual in 4K, Godfall PS5 Combat Trailers and most recently a Godfall Cinematic Intro Trailer video.

Here's to hoping as the PS5 Scene gets underway hackers will deliver what disadvantaged gamers are seeking... being able to play PlayStation 5 games in single player mode offline similar to what PS4 Scene release group DUPLEX did removing the mandatory online and title update requirement checks. :sneaky:

:poll: Let us know your thoughts in the PS5 Forum comments and our latest PSXHAX Site Poll that asks the question:
  • Should PS5 Games Require an Internet Connection for Single Player?
PlayStation 5 Sneak Preview - Godfall
PS5 User Agent:
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation 5/SmartTV) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko)

Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation 5 3.03/SmartTV) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Godfall on PlayStation 5: The Next-Gen Tech Breakdown
Godfall PS5 Dev Confirms Internet Connection Required for Single Player.jpg

Comments

Shame this game looks good but I am not going to buy something I can't play a few years later because a server was shut down.

From the box details. It was Online play required, but also, playstation plus required for online play. SO the game is not $70, but more like $70 with a subscription of $10+ a month.

:LOL: :LOL: and to think there is already 7 votes for always online console (Discless Mode), and i think this time sony will be hit more by cracker than ethical hacker if more titles follow up the always online state or might be more jumping to mobile (Nvidia-ARM look Promising Development for next gen) and back to pc :LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back