Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter gauchotche       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.

gauchotche

Contributor
I would like an simple answer:

1) What is MultiMAN?
2) What is WebMAN?

And how to update those 2 apps... I am new to PS3, and those have came installed in my unlocked PS3 CEX, but I don't know exactly what are they.

3) How to update my REBUG firmware to latest? I've downloaded a file Rebug_XXXXX_***.PUP, what do I do with that file?

4) I've download PSNPATCH and it's a zip file. Can I install it from the zip file itself, just saving it to a pendrive or do I have to unzip before saving it to the pendrive?

thanks

MultiMAN is a popular PS3 game backup manager / loader and WebMAN offers many features such as an FTP server and PlayStation 3 fan control to prevent overheating.

You can check out all of the WebMAN feature details in the README.md with the latest version being webMAN MOD 1.47.05 and the latest MultiMAN version multiMAN v04.81.02... and both allow updating them from within the application or manually.

For PSNPatch, which is helpful in avoiding PSN bans, I'd check the readme 2017.02B.txt and FAQ 2017.02B.txt included in psnpatch 2017.02B.zip as they are both very detailed and well written since most won't retype everything contained in them out again.

Also for updating to the latest Rebug 4.81.2 REX (CEX) you can follow THESE instructions... good luck! ;)

Ok, does multiman / webman makes it easier for PSN ban? I've heard about multiman stealth, is it real?

About Rebug install, it's certainly confusing, since in the download page I've got a zip file, and inside the zip file there's a txt file with a link to a .PUP file. What to do with a PUP file?

MultiMAN Stealth is real but nothing is guaranteed to prevent bans as Sony can change their detection methods at any time.

Here is a working mirror to it, the included ReadMe file explains more about Stealth, why to use it and how to install it etc.
As for Rebug CFW, yes from the link on their page you would download the PUP file linked within the zip (since they don't link to the PUP's directly) and rename / place it on a USB stick following THIS format.

Ok, so I have installed latest versions of multiman stealth, webMan mod, rebug firmware and PSNPatch + Plugin (already rebooted so it's not active, only the plugin which starts automatically in system boot).

I am using rebug in cobra mode, Rebug mode, XMB = Retail. I go into MM, load a game, but I get no game DISC to click in XMB... if I try app_home/game I get 80028f14 error. Why game DISC not showing?

Also I have a Last of us GAME MANUAL showing in XMB, how can I remove this?

can't find it... I am using cobra, does it matter?

also, I can play by using webMan mod... It creates the "disc". But not with MM. So I would like to fix that.

Install Rebug Tool Box and check all settings after Installing it under -Install Package Files - System Storage -

As i know you must ->
TOGGLE WEBMAN
This is also disabled by default, To enjoy better experiences with COBRA, please enable webMAN

Also for info
  • webMAN integration, for game rips on NTFS HDD, please use latest prepNTFS 1.17 MOD version to scan/refresh game lists
  • NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)

ok I've found what the problem was. Disabling the "integrated webman" option in rebug toolbox fixed the issue. I would like to know why is that? I have webman mod installed. Could that be the cause?

Also, when Cobra mode is enabled there's no "bd emulation" option in rebug toolbox.

Back to these days there was the cobra ReDRM device and the cobra team behind it used the source code from Multiman who was free to use and developed with this source code the fork mmCM (multi man Cobra Manager) -> Cobra has special featurs like NTFS read and the ISO format and much more ->

As i know by Enabling COBRA mode Team REBUG also switch automaticaly the Mutliman to the mmCM. WebMAN is using Multiman/mmCM becasue Webman is only for faster XMB Style -> The BD Emulation Option is in Multiman/mmCM ! Not in the Toolbox ! Maybe also in the Webman Settings but iam not sure ->

Your problem i think was that you installed Webman Mod but Webman is integrated in the REBUG firmware... So you had maybe 2 version of webman and maybe also in different folders who both was active at the same time :) -> ALSO i had sometimes issues with Multiman/mmCM and Webman after INSTALLING a new Rebug Firmare Version -> Reinstalling the Apps or just dis and enabling it again fixed the issue also :)

If you want some more information about what Cobra is and what you can do with it you should read this :)

**IMPORTANT INFORMATION**

COBRA MODE

COBRA mode / webMAN currently disabled by default, if you want to use COBRA 7.5 features, please enable COBRA mode via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.12. Users of previous Cobra CFW 4.55 / COBRA7 and below may experience issues with some games due to improved cobra payload that has updated permission patch, in this case. Remove old game data and re-install the game if you run into weird issues.

Previous Cobra payload still had its old patches that were used for USB Dongle and mmCM, but not anymore, and this fixes the issue with all non-working games with Cobra. non-Cobra users will not have this problem since their data were not corrupted by old cobra payload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back