Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 29, 2018 at 2:40 AM       66      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the PS4 Homebrew WIP this weekend PlayStation 4 developer @theorywrong released OrbisAFR on Twitter which is an Orbis PS4 Application File Redirector payload (OrbisAFR.bin) used to edit game files by modders... eventually leading to some new and exciting PS4 game mods! :love:

Download: OrbisAFR-master.zip / Mirror / GIT

According to @CelesteBlue via Twitter, this is basically the PS4 equivalent of RePatch (GIT / Fork / Latest Alpha) for PS Vita consoles. (y)

To quote from the README.md: OrbisAFR

Orbis (PS4) Application File Redirector

OrbisAFR is a payload for edit in-game file easily. Add Skyrim mods, Minecraft texture or any other things without re-buid PKG !

The principle is simple, all new (or replace) data is stocked in /data

Example

For example, i want to edit the intro of Black Ops 3 The introduction is here:
Code:
/mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/app0/intro/bo3_global_logo_logosequence.mkv
I have just to upload a new .mkv in
Code:
/data/CUSA02624/app0/intro/bo3_global_logo_logosequence.mkv
Now if OrbisAFP is loaded, the .mkv was loaded from /data and not /mnt/sandbox/... !

All file added in /data/CUSA02624/ is like file in /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/
  • If the file exist in /data/CUSA02624/ and in /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/, the file in data is used
  • If the file doesn't exist in /data/CUSA02624/, OrbisAFR use original file from /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/
  • If the file exist in /data/CUSA02624/ and not in /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/, the file in data is used
OrbisAFR doesn't just replace, but can also add new file in a game ! (Sorry for my bad english :p)

Tekken 7 Mod by warez007
PS4 | Frame4 AFR | Application File Redirector | Tutorial
OrbisAFR Orbis PS4 Application File Redirector by TheoryWrong.jpg

Comments

@tehrzky Yes, frezz edit .pak file. :(
Code:
\data\CUSA06014\app0\eboot.bin -Eboot
\data\CUSA06014\app0\deepfiles\ -bin file story
\data\CUSA06014\app0\sce_sys\ - param.sfo, Grafic icon,  Trophy, etc.
\data\CUSA06014\app0\tekkengame\content\binary\llist\ - bin file
\data\CUSA06014\app0\tekkengame\content\paks\ - *.Pak file (pakchunk0-ps4.pak or pakchunk0-ps4_p.pak)
The icon I have thrown in permanently.
Code:
\user\appmeta\CUSA06014\icon0.dds
\user\appmeta\CUSA06014\icon0.png -best 24 bit my is 32bit
\user\appmeta\CUSA06014\pic0.png -best 24 bit my is 32bit
\user\appmeta\CUSA06014\pic0.dds
\user\appmeta\CUSA06014\save_data.png -best 24 bit my is 32bit

Just tested this out and it did not work for me without having Mira running.

Running just regular HEN then OrbisAFR did not work but HEN+Mira then OrbisAFR worked perfectly.

this is my observation

i tried skyrim but the problem is you have to copy all the files of skyrim to /data because it will not load the missing files on skyrim.ini

ex. skyrim.ini

sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm <-this file is already inside of skyrim game pkg and you will need to copy this on data to make it work
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm
sTestFile4=Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp <--this is my dl mod
sTestFile5=SkyUI_SE.esp
sTestFile6=Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
sTestFile7=IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

[Archive] <-this set is also needed to make it run so again you will need to copy again
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, SkyUI_SE.bsa, Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Voices_en1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa
bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa

this is a long term solution if you always change something inside a pkg so you dont need to repack always, we can say if skyrim is 40gb you will need to copy this on your /data folder to run all your mods so its another 40gb.. looks like this payloader can be a substitute to a pkg base like on the ps3 folder base instead of iso. it also can change your themes and also run some custom made themes and i THINK it can run retail patch and dlc that is extracted higher than required firmware.. idk maybe im wrong

maybe we can use this in the future to have a multiman (if we have a cfw that can run permanently or similar to this that if you open your ps4 this will also hook on boot of your ps4) the problem on mira as of now is not stable most cases i read on reddit random shutdown and some people lost their db.. tnx again @theorywrong for this payload

@tehrzky
The edited * .pak file does not work because it stops the game on the start screen, I also tried using the ps3 method to copy the unpacked files * .pak to the folder named * .pak np: /data/CUSA06014/app0/tekkengame/content/paks/pakchunk0-ps4/

@warez007 can you try this

try to rename app0/ to patch0/ i think it will read this folder as a patch so the original data will never be replace it will load the original base files.

ex.
/data/CUSA06014/patch0/tekkengame/content/paks/pakchunk0-ps4.pak <-this .pak contain a modded files inside that has same name of the original

if you observed user/pfsmnt you will see the app0 and patch0(if you have patched games) the patch0 folder contain the extracted pkg and this one will taken to app0 to patch the diff. of folder.

i cant test it right now im outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back