Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter LightningMods       Start date Jan 23, 2018 at 6:02 PM       15,710       10            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by saying I'm writing this because a lot of people don't know how to setup UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver / Transmitter) for their PS4, this tutorial is only for those who have a SAC-001 Motherboard following the previous SAA-001 board details.

Tools you would need:
  • A set of screw Drivers to open up the PS4
  • Soldering station $30-$150 (depends what you get)
  • Solder 0.7mm - $7
  • Flux - $5 - $15
  • Kynair Wire- $7
  • Wire cutters - $12
  • (Optional) Hot Glue and Glue gun - $15
  • Tip cleaner - $10
  • ANY Cheap FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter
  • Micro-USB Cable
  • etc
Step 1:

After you have your tools buy any cheap FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter I bought this one.

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial.jpg

Step 2:

Open up your PS4

Video:

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 2.jpg

Step 3:

Got some wire and strip some of both ends

Then solder 1 end to these points

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 3.jpg

Step 4:

MAKE SURE THE WIRES ARE STICKING OUT of the console

(Optional) Hot glue the wires to the motherboard so they dont come un-done when you put the PS4 back together

Step 5:

Put the console back together WITH THE WIRES HANGING OUT

Step 6:

Solder the ground wire to Ground on the device and the TX Wire from the PS4 to the RX Pad on the FTDI Device (Pic of the one i bought0

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 4.jpg

Step 7:

Hook it up to your PC with the micro-USB Cabel

Step 8:

Download: arduino-1.8.5-windows.exe

INSTALL IT DONT USE PS WATSON.. PS WATSON DOESNT WORK!!

Step 9:

MAKE SURE ITS YOU COM PORT

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 5.jpg

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 6.jpg

LAST STEP:

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 7.jpg

PlayStation 4 (SAC-001) PS4 UART For Dummies Tutorial 8.jpg

PS4 UART Installation
E4 Flasher Development for PS4.jpg

Comments

Status

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
PlayStation 4 developers use it to obtain PS4 crash dumps for examination, for example Qwertyoruiopz was working on mapping techniques for dumping PlayStation 4 UART debug logs in attempt to bruteforce commands via the syscon to obtain more information on the PS4 system controller.

mb2010

Contributor
Verified
Nice tut. I fitted mine the other week but I didn't want any wires showing externally. Managed to make a pretty clean external port for easy connection using a micro usb cable.

I uploaded some pics for anyone interested.

Status
Recent Articles
PS5 System Software / Firmware v2.26 is Now Live, Don't Update!
Last week Sony released PS5 Firmware Update v2.25, and today they just put live PS5 System Software / Firmware v2.26 complete with the official PlayStation 5 Firmware changelog below. :fire: This...
Is It, or Isn't? A PS4 Homebrew Game PKG Written in C++ by NKrapivin
Is it, or isn't? is indeed the latest PS4 homebrew game PKG written in C++ by @nkrapivindev (Nikita Krapivin on Twitter) for use on hacked aka Jailbroken PS4 Consoles that was built with the...
DualSense PS5 Controller on Windows via DS4Windows & DualSense Windows
Since the guide on How To Set Up a DualSense PS5 Controller on PC via Bluetooth or USB we have two more ways to get a DualSense PS5 Controller with Updatable Software running on Windows, the first...
The PS5 Scene Gets First PlayStation 5 Game Dumps by BigBlueBox!
We've seen official PS5 PKGs, raw PS5 Game RiPs, some more PS5 Game Images and today PlayStation 5 Scene release group BigBlueBox made available the first PS5 Game Dumps for those who enjoy...