Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recent PlayStation 3 CFW2OFW Helper homebrew utility release, @DerfJagged let us know HERE that he's shared an updated PS3 Game Backup Injection guide using the CFW2OFW Helper tool for consoles on 4.70 Firmware and below.

Check out the PS3 Backup Injection tutorial below from Derf_Jagged on Reddit: Backup Injection on 4.70 Firmware

This guide allows you to run disc-based PS3 game backups and PSP backups, and to unlock timed trial demos ("C00 demos"). This method is similar to the outdated PeXploit, with the main difference being that this method allows disc-based PS3 game backups. The exploit, like PeXploit, only works on firmwares up to and including OFW 4.70.

PS3 games must have an update available for them in order to be compatible with this exploit.

All C00 games and PSP games should work without requiring updates.

Converting PS3 Games
  • You will need:

• All game files from disc version of your game (starts with a "B" as in BLUS12345)
    • CFW2OFW Helper
  1. Extract the contents of the CFW2OFW Helper "Release.zip" to a folder, and place the PS3_GAME folder from your game into this folder.

2. Launch "CFW2OFW Helper.exe". If your game is compatible, the application will automatically download and apply any updates and convert it into an OFW-compatible format (it will generate a LIC.DAT if needed, and edit the PARAM.SFO). The resulting game will be put into a folder of the game's name. Repeat this step for all desired games.

3. Move the new game folder(s) into "...\TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector\game".
Taking a System Backup
  1. Plug your FAT32 formatted USB storage device your console. Note that it must be at least the size of your PS3 hard drive.

2. On your PS3, navigate to the Settings column and select System Settings → Backup Utility → Backup. After it is done backing up, remove your storage device and plug it into your PC.
Injecting Games
  1. Extract the TrueAncestor Backup Retailer to a folder and run retailer.exe inside the TrueAncestor folder; it will generate more folders.

2. Browse to your USB storage device on your PC, and drag the numbered folder inside "X:\PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP\" to "\backup\" inside of the TrueAncestor folder.

3. Move your game folder (BLES/BLUS/BCUS/BCES) to "\game\" inside of the TrueAncestor folder.

4. Run retailer.exe and type "1" for "Select Backup Folder" and press enter. Type the number that appears next to your backup and press enter.

• To add a game, type "3" and press enter. Type number corresponding to your game and press enter.
    • To add a PSP or "c00" PKG, type "8" and press enter. Type number corresponding to your PKG and press enter.

5. Type "S" for "Inject to Selected Backup" and press enter to begin the injection. Allow it to finish.

6. Move the backup on to your storage device, and plug the storage device back into your PS3. Navigate to the Settings column and down to System Settings → Backup Utility → Restore. Select your backup from your flash drive and wait for it to complete.
PS3 Game Backup Injection (4.70 & Below) with CFW2OFW Helper Guide.jpg

Comments

hi bro about persona I think it won't work cause of higher firmware requirement .... you know it's a new game so only 4.81 above
Yeah man, but you can inject it on >4.70, then you can update! If only the US/EU release had updates, we wouldn't need any extra steps.

Yeah man, but you can inject it on >4.70, then you can update! If only the US/EU release had updates, we wouldn't need any extra steps.
yeah I know that but it's hard to sacrifice the advantage been on 4.70 cause just of one game , but I can give you instruction if you won't to try it

I've tried Dragon ball battle of z (BLES01941) with jap patch [BLJS10234] and it's working fine , also I've modded the game data and it's working in english

There is talk about a new method possibly being revealed to the public at ElOtroLado...

Nothing is confirmed right now, but it seems like a way to transfer PKG's to the system (4.81 and below) without using the backup and data transfer utility. Some other user claims that it's a private method only known to a few people (mainly devs), and it won't be revealed by them. If the thread creator (whose friend knows how to do it) reveals the method, apparently most games will work.

Here you can see the thread and any advancements made into it (it's in spanish). Keep in mind that this will probably end up being another "kiosk method" scam so tread lightly on the subject matter.

yeah I know that but it's hard to sacrifice the advantage been on 4.70 cause just of one game , but I can give you instruction if you won't to try it

I've tried Dragon ball battle of z (BLES01941)with jap patch [BLJS10234] and it's working fine , aslo I've modded the game data and it's working in english
Man, would that be a life saver yesterday! I have since updated (sadly) and am stuck at 4.81 :(

Anyways, if you can still post it, it'd help other people trying to get these games working! :D

Man, would that be a life saver yesterday! I have since updated (sadly) and am stuck at 4.81 :(
Anyways, if you can still post it, it'd help other people trying to get these games working! :D
sorry I've been late but I saw the method in russian website with catherine game patched with japanese patch , & I try it with DBZ BOZ and it's working

ok the method : DBZ BOZ and you try it with persona 5 but sadly it's late

(dbz boz:BLES01941+patch :BLJS10234)
make LIC.dat of BLJS10234 with lic generator then put in ps3-game folder licdir folder & edited game param to BLJS10234

than covert with game converter with NPJB10234
then extract patch BLJS10234 folder and copy the eboot file to NPJB10234 USRDIR folder

at the end you should have two folders : BLJS10234 +NPJB10234 both with the same game edit BLJS10234

sorry I've been late but I saw the method in russian website with catherine game patched with japanese patch , & I try it with DBZ BOZ and it's working

ok the method : DBZ BOZ and you try it with persona 5 but sadly it's late

(dbz boz:BLES01941+patch :BLJS10234)
make LIC.dat of BLJS10234 with lic generator then put in ps3-game folder licdir folder & edited game param to BLJS10234

than covert with game converter with NPJB10234
then extract patch BLJS10234 folder and copy the eboot file to NPJB10234 USRDIR folder

at the end you should have two folders : BLJS10234 +NPJB10234 both with the same game edit BLJS10234
Nice! I think that'll work fine for Persona 5 :)

Nice! I think that'll work fine for Persona 5 :)
yeah I think so , cause the only problem that cause the game to ask for disk or give error , is the different ID code between LIC.dat file and Param.sfo and EBOOT all this three should have the same ID

by the way the only solution for you know is to try the games that do not have lic.dat file , which means 2009's games or below

yeah I think so , cause the only problem that cause the game to ask for disk or give error , is the different ID code between LIC.dat file and Param.sfo and EBOOT all this three should have the same ID

by the way the only solution for you know is to try the games that do not have lic.dat file , which means 2009's games or below
Yeah, I'll check what can be done :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back