Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 24, 2016 at 3:37 AM       103      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at the GeekPwn 2016 Carnival in Shanghai Station the Pavilion Safety Research Lab shared a PS4 4.01 Linux installation / Ksploit demonstration exploit video via Chinese site Changting Technology Security Lab! :D

In the video they navigate their PS4 Web browser to http://chaitin.cn/ps4 which currently just shows their video instead of their 'Sony PlayStation4 Jailbreak' so hopefully more details on this PS4 jailbreak method will follow soon! :ninja:

Check it out below with some related Tweets from Joonie86, who also notes they played Mario using an NES emulator as follows:

Thanks to @mcmrc1 for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :cool:
PS4 4.01 Linux Installation  Ksploit Demo at GeekPwn 2016.png

GeoHotz PS4 Jailbreak.jpg

Sony PlayStation4 Jailbreak.jpg

Comments

The devs will wait for a release until they can also test if the ksploit is working on the Pro version i think...
Agreed, we need secret footage of updated fw from Sony conventions so we can get more information leaked ;) <<<wink if Sony is watching lol

I dont see a dongle connected, but there is a usb cable at least. That linux thing was considered possible some time ago, but doing it on 4.01 is a hope.

That console seems to be the first model, but no more info right now...

What if the PS4 Pro doesn't work with this, then Sony will wonder why demand for their non-Pro models is skyrocketing while their Pro is an epic fail like...

cac8feb3cf0ca51989f3abc74024efd0.jpg

im checking again, im on a small screen now.

But, yes i can see two cables on the front usbs and the hdmi is at the other side close to the tv.

I bought my 2nd PS4 just 2 days ago. Fortunately, it is on 3.15. I was trying hard not to update the OFW but now I finally have a strong reason to refill my "Patience meter" and wait for the jailbreak. At last, I see some hope! Beautiful day for the Jailbreak community.
<3:bananaman::bananaman::bananaman::bananaman::bananaman:<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back