Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well apparently large games dont work cause we dont know how to split the blocks (similar to layer breaks in the 360 days?) i think general rule is pfs_image.dat is < 21gb (to be safe) we should be able to make a working pkg if its larger we cant for now????

update basic rule for pkg making games with pfs_image.dat larger than 21-22gb will not work yet! we still need the files from them cause our current dumps dont have all the files...but trying to get them to work is a lost cause until we figure out the layer system

You can split the files between 2 layers for GB BD game and compression reduces filesize more. You can create chunks and assign game files to different chunks. Then in playgo settings, assign chunks to different layer. You tried?

The relevant posts have now been moved to a new thread in the PS4 Guides and Tutorials section.

@JerrysShortGame I updated the OP the best I could, so any changes simply post in this thread and I'll add them to it as time permits. ;)

Finally, we're only using this PS4 1.76 / 4.05 Game Dump Thread Repository list for game threads here which I will continue to maintain.

:idea: If people have suggestions for it (such as removing, reordering, reorganizing, etc the lists it contains based on which 4.05 games work, etc or adding another list or sub-section to the Repo let me know and I'll be happy to make the necessary changes). :)

Please don't make my work more difficult by repasting all the links here in your suggestion examples, just explain what you'd like done (with no links) and I will update it accordingly.

What we won't be doing:
  • Creating another repo thread with game dump post links. That is the ONE and ONLY master list we're using on PSXHAX.COM.
  • Creating copies of all the links instead of directing people to our Official Repo Listing which will be maintained / updated daily.
  • Creating new threads for existing game dumps just because they now work as PKG's on 4.05, the current threads will continue to be used for discussion and their OP's updated with the PS4HEN-designated 4.05 PKG links.
Hopefully this makes sense, so that my time maintaining the list is well spent each day. :lovewins:

a very good manual for those who are not going to create pkg files, but only want to dump the game!

@PSXHAX there os one suggestion for the repo - combine all entries (176, 405 whatever) and make it as table:
1) Title Name
2) title id (CUSAxxx)
3) min required fw version
4) dump format (old (only folder app0), new (contains all appmeta files))
5) available in pkg (y/n)
6) brief comments (incomplete, not decrypted, broken, and so on)
7) and link to the post

@XVortex Unfortunately in Xenforo tables aren't very user-friendly (ours is modded to make them usable safely as can be seen in a TABLE EXAMPLE, but still nowhere near the ease of raw HTML code which is considered risky to use due to XSS vulnerabilities, etc).

While it could be done, it would be extremely difficult to maintain in table format as the list got longer, more comments were added, etc within a post using Xenforo software unless the Admin didn't care about security and allowed raw HTML code of course.

Something that like I'm sure Discord and Reddit users will do for all the PKG download links, but our list is mainly to find the PSXHAX game dump discussion threads quickly as we'll still be creating news articles for them even when 'spreadsheets' like THESE are available for the PKG files.

One more question also, is THIS something I should post on or just add to the existing UnPKG article?

as mine isnt complete yet.... as in not a start to finish complete guide i havent covered pkg making or unpacking i guess add to the pkg thread we have already? shrug

why dont we use a google spreadsheet or something??

@PSXHAX ok you can drop the comments from the list and maintain only title, id, minver, and link post info. Is is presistant info than not requires editing at all.

Those tips are just addition to UnPKG article. Not requires special post tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back