Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 22, 2020 at 8:43 AM       290      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the 7.02 PS4 KEX, 6.72 PS4 Webkit Port, 6.72 PS4 Payloads and the 6.72 PS4JB Exploit today PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE returns via Twitter with PS4 Backporter v1.4 tool for backporting 6.72 to 5.05 FPKG Games alongside a new demo video below from his YouTube Channel and more updates! 😍

Download: PS4 Backporter v1.4.zip (76.5 MB)

Spoiler: Depreciated

This comes following the PS4 6.72 to 5.05 Backporting Tutorial, SELFUtil by Znullptr, PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/BackPort Tool and EZ PS4 Downporter utility for backporting 6.72 games to run on 5.05 Firmware with a Jailbroken console.

Here are some PS4 Backporter v1.0.exe notes from his Tweets below:
  • Still very much work in progress and has a few bugs. Will release a new version later. A known bug right now is that you can't set the output path to the root of the drive. If you do it wont save the final pkg file.

• Also won't work with EA titles right now. Due to all the extra patching that's needed to get those games working.

• Drag pkg file into "input pkg file". Click the button.
And from the Readme.txt: PS4 Backport Tool By Modded_Warfare

This tool includes and makes use of:
You must have installed:
These are required for the tool to work correctly ^^^
Installers are included in this zip file.

Backporting Tool
Backport 6.72 PS4 Games to 5.05 (Easy Method)
PS4 Backporter v1.0 for 6.72 to 5.05 FPKG Games by MODDED WARFARE.jpg

Comments

So far I've not been able to backport Death Stranding or Nino Kuni White Witch. SoulCalibur 6 base game works but as soon as you add the backported update it stops coming on. Anyone else had these issues? Thanks

Dear modded warfare getting this error while trying to create backport patch for normal not EA GAME in my windows 7 32 bit machine using latest backport tool v 1.3 log text
Code:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.     at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)     at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()     at backporting.Form1.ᜀ(String )     at backporting.Form1.਀(String )
what is that i am doing wrong it is not even a EA game could you give me link to python 2.7.17 32-bit and windows c++ 32-bit maybe trying reinstalling might fix or is there something else i am missing out...

Here is version 1.4: PS4 Backporter v1.4.zip (76.5 MB) / Mirror #1 / Mirror #2 / Mirror #3

Changes:
  • Added EA Patching option to remove functions that are not present in 5.05. You will still need to find the offsets manually but the tool will take care of the rest.
  • Disabled backport patch option when backporting an update pkg. As it would overwrite the previously installed update.
  • Added auto detection of pkg file type and will set the check box accordingly.
  • Stopped UI from not responding while backporting is in progress.
  • Fixed issue causing the tool to error while backporting on a computer with a non-english region set.
  • Added more debug info in the log file.

I tried with the game Wreckfest to make a patch 5.05, the game starts normal, but the game keeps loading infinitely on the first loading even after reaching 100%, does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

My experience with PS4 Backport v1.4. Error in game size, I used backport whole pkg option [Game Update] Red Dead and Wrc 8 with PS4 Backport v1.4 Hitman 2 with another tool.

It's not just a PS4 Backport v1.4 bug another tool from another developer happened the same, but the games worked.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

@rvelho We all use the same programs to build the pkg files so all our tools have that same bug. The file size displays incorrectly and can show the game as taking up far more space than it actually is.

I'm a little confused. I tried using it with Judgment PS4 DUPLEX pkg, and trying to do a backport patch just leave the program hanging at 'extracting' forever (no hdd activity after the first minute), and trying to do the whole pkg does seem to work all the way to 'done', but at the end there's no file to be found anywhere. (output_pkg folder is empty 🤷‍♂️)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back