Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 25, 2017 at 6:32 AM       30      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his last updates, PlayStation 4 developer @flatz announced on Twitter the following statement, to quote: "Sony have finally made it properly... good bye, PS4 crash dumps :( we'll miss you"

While he didn't go into detail yet on whether he's referring to changes in Sony's latest PS4 Firmware 4.55 update or perhaps the new 1TB PS4 Slim available this month, it sounds like Sony is definitely cracking down on dumping hindering PlayStation 4 developers who use conventional means by patching the existing holes.

However, as @Chaos Kid and @SorenAlke note all hope is not yet lost for hardcore PS4 devs who think outside the box and make use of JaiCraB's PS4 UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver / Transmitter - translated) serial and communications ports to obtain crash dumps for further research. :notworthy:

Also from droogie via @Centrino comes the following logs for those interested:
uart enabler for 4.05 :)
Code:
uint16_t *securityFlags = (uint64_t *)(kernel_base+0x2001516); *securityFlags = *securityFlags & ~(1 << 15); *(char *)(kernel_base + 0x186b0a0) = 0;
right, i only solder 1 wire (tx on ps4) and attach gnd wire to hdd cage, then using like 5$ uart to usb i listen on arduino(serial montor). very simple.

Thanks to both @B7U3 C50SS and @UmarDaBest559 for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier today! (y)
PS4 Developer Flat_z Bids Crash Dumps Good Bye Thanks to Sony.jpg

Comments

I noticed this box has nothing but a complain box of things not being released. maybe if people spent more time doing there own homework rather then b+tching maybe they wod release!

Sorry for the dumb question, but is it safe to update to 4.55 or am I better off at 4.50? I only ask because I have been avoiding updating and don't want to mess anything up if there's potential for my ps4pro
Dont update, updateing is downgradeing in my eyes. Stay on 4.50 and use the update bypass for now till sony patchs it... when they do buy another ps4 for online ;) and keep that golden 4.50

Lol.... nothing is HACK proof. Remember that, one day there will be people runing around on gta v for the ps4 nukeing people and what not, till that day? Well I cant wait till that day.

Of course.. Nothing is hack proof and never will. Only hack it successfully is patient and years to do that. That's all. I repeat.. nothing is hack proof.. None!

Don't listen to him. If you really want to play online and the latest game to update. Go for it. If you are patient and want to wait then don't update it. We have 2.57 and we won't update it. Patience is a key and we are playing games on PS3 so it should give us plenty time.

We also go out to have fun. Forget it until they announce the jailbreak for PS4. Your decision. We decided not to update it for about 2 years and a half now. Wise decision we have. :)

Im on 1.76 and yet I still don't know how to jailbreak it, Im such a noob but I can wait too until someone releases something for other versions..

Of course.. Nothing is hack proof and never will. Only hack it successfully is patient and years to do that. That's all. I repeat.. nothing is hack proof.. None!
Yeah you can dissolve epoxy if they hide pins that way

I guess this should be another follow up to my previous question that seemed to have spark a little heat, sorry about that. If I were to get a game from PSN (while I still can) but then block all connections to PSN so that future updates won't trigger, will my digital version of the game ever need any special connection to PSN or the internet to continue to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back