Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter ryan111       Start date Feb 5, 2017 at 8:34 AM       44      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my PS4 4.50 Beta Webkit Crash report, I've been testing file downloading to the HDD and viewing files on the PlayStation 4 system using a sandboxed Web browser instead the PS4 browser via custom User Agent string on Sasuke Beta 4.50 Firmware.

There is a Webkit error in 4.50 that allows you to download Android apps to the HDD of the PS4, and of course you can't run them but hey none the less cool! :cool:

The part I don't understand is the PS4 shows up as a Motorola phone, I was thinking maybe a webkit error??? Let me know if this works for you guys too.

:arrow: Update: Now mine shows up as Rogers Samsung SM.G900F and can download and install Sonic Dash on the store but it can't be played hmmmm :unsure:

I have also managed to view files on the system using a sandboxed browser inside the PS4 using a custom User Agent string, here is the link to do this:

https://www.browserling.com/

Note: you need your drive letter that is on the HDD, mine happened to be W and yes works on 4.50. ;)
:arrow: Update #2: Connect PC to PS4 Using HTML5
PS4 File Downloading to HDD, Viewing via Sandboxed Browser Testing.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back