Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With testers currently running PS4 Firmware / System Software 7.00 Beta 5 it won't be long (about two weeks) before Sony unleashes the next OFW update, and proceeding his PS4 PKG Tool GUI homebrew application PlayStation 4 scene developer @pearlxcore (Twitter) updated his Github repository with PS4 Firmware Checker revision 2 to check the latest Recovery and System Software versions. ;)

Download: PS4.Firmware.Checker.exe (49.5 KB) / GIT

:alert: As always, DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 PKG game backups and homebrew apps whenever a new PlayStation 4 jailbreak exploit arrives! šŸ“ā€ā˜ ļø

Derived from Sony's PlayStation Updater XML Files, the PlayStation 4 Firmware Checker's README.md simply states the following: PS4-Firmware-Checker

Simple tool to check the latest PS4 firmware release (System & Recovery FW)

PS4 Firmware Checker for Latest System and Recovery FW by Pearlxcore.jpg

Comments

Based on what was mentioned previously by scene devs, besides lack of interest @Mathieulh stated they don't have any exploit chain after the private one... so it would make sense to hold onto it until PS4's EOL (End-of-Life) and then once released it'll work for all of the remaining PS4 games.

When PS5 comes out that will be my primary interest, then people will ask for PS5 jailbreak exploits and the cycle repeats itself for Sony's next generation. :kitty:

5.05 here baby with 600 games btw I have 7 consoles cfw without xbox one s tb cfw but I only play on him halo games gow 4 and mw4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back