Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 23, 2018 at 7:49 AM       260      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been messing around with trying to get my VR headset to work with 4.05 for a little while, and because the VR headset is updated to the latest firmware it wouldn't work.

Just recently @XVortex pointed out you can poke a memory value to sort of spoof the system firmware version, so I tried what he said and put together a Enable_VR.bin payload (load the HEN payload and then load the VR payload because the Web exploit will say invalid import map, or use this idc.zip modified IDC exploit to launch it as I have added the 5.05 sections so it does not complain about import map) to poke the offset and found it allowed my VR headset to work.

:arrow: Update: Ok I sorted out the problem and merged the enable VR mod into XVortex's HEN 1.3 so you can now just run this 1 HEN payload and play VR with the source code below:

Download: ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.tar.gz (0.05 MB - Source Code) / usb_hen_vr.zip (0.03 MB - for USB Stick) / Ps4_Serve_v1_8.apk / Enable_VR_455.zip / usb_455_vr_enable.zip (0.02 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / Enable-VR-50X

I only have 1 VR game to test on at the moment as I have to download the VR games now, but it is Resident Evil 7 and its working with my latest updated VR 3.10 and 4.05 + HEN.

Huge thanks to @XVortex, as you can see this is my VR information:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code.jpg

And this is the game running on VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 2.jpg

Tested a few more VR games and all works well:

Rush of Blood:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 3.jpg

VR Worlds:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 4.jpg

Arkham VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 5.jpg

Comments

@Puppydogpals

Newer move controller don't work with 4.05 4.55 as of now. The box wrote 4.70 or above and it works on my 5.50 ofw instead. Older version with mini usb charging port works just fine.

@ahmetali123

Sorry I not sure about it. Maybe it's region? As in Europe, Asia, USA etc etc? But I know newer ones are 2 instead of 1. :)

So after reading this I ordered a VR from eBay, it turns on. Everything lights up and seems like it should be working. The display shows up on my TV and shows the headset tracking. The headset display won't turn on though. Sony said return it since the tv display is on it should be on though the headset. Any ideas before I process a refund and return?

@quakemarine20

make sure its all connected properly, try with and without the headset extension cable.
try another micro usb cable from the ps4 to the vr black box.

when you plugged it in did it ask to update the vr software, if it did let it update.

if the headset screen remains black it could be faulty, normally you will get some sort of picture or error icon in the headset if its all connected properly.

is it a vr2 or the original vr?, I'm not sure if someone has confirmed that the vr2 is working with 4.05/4.55.
I only have the original to test with.

I am fairly sure this is v1, it only asks for any kind of update without hen enabled. Once the payload is loaded it says it's on. The tv pass through has an image, it shows the headset tracking. When I connected it to my laptop was the same thing, showed up and working but nothing inside the headset came on. Sony said it had to be broken if the tv pass through was active.

@quakemarine20

I suspect you probably have a vr with the 1.00 software and that might be the problem.

go into the debug settings and find the VR part and look in information for the version installed on your vr.

if its 1.00 or really low disconnect the internet to the ps4 as a precaution that you are not updating the system firmware plug the headset into the ps4 no hen or exploits loaded and and let the headset update.

it should put something like 2.50 onto the headset because its included in the 4.55 firmware.
it is ok to update the vr mines on 3.10 and its been updated from a 5.03 system.

if that don't work I would return it as it should show a picture in the headset.

I think mine is on 3.0 firmware, I think the device itself is defective since when I plug it into windows and it see's the device and duplicates the display but nothing shows it has to be a hardware issue.

So if it's firmware 2.50 or up, like the 3.0 I think it has just return it right? I was debating on stopping by gamestop and buying one locally rather than waiting on another order. It's going to be enough of a process returning 1 from ebay.

If it was 3.0 it wouldnt be asking to update as the version of vr firmware that's embedded into the ps4 system firmware 4.55 is 2.50.

its probably a defective one but I would still try update it before returning it.

just cold boot the ps4 no exploits or rest mode etc and turn the vr headset on if it asks to update the vr firmware let it update.
and to be safe just make sure you disable the internet connection for the ps4 when you do it.

then atleast you know its not an update issue and its defective and send it back.

I always buy stuff like this from a store in my country because if its faulty the store has to give me a replacement or refund by law if its within 30 days of purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back