Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Guide to Install PSXITArch Linux on PS4, Spine PS4 Emulator for Linux Updates, PS4 Payloads for 9.00 Firmware and the PS4 Jailbreak 9.00 Exploit developer Nazky (aka NazkyYT on Twitter) made available some PS4 Linux Loader Payloads for 5.05, 6.72, 7.02, 7.55 and 9.00 Firmware on jailbroken consoles in the PlayStation 4 Scene. :tree:šŸŽšŸ§

Download: PS4Linux Payloads (Compiled) / GIT / PS4 Linux Loader for 9.00 with Eeply's GPU Performance Patch Payloads

Those interested in supporting his continued development work can drop by NazkyYT's Ko-fi Page <3 while today the PSXITA team announced on Twitter they've also set up PSXITATeam's Patreon Page to support their ongoing project development accomplishments as well. :lovewins:

Here are the file contents from the download archives above:
  • 505.zip
    • LinuxLoader-505.bin
    • LinuxLoader-505-2gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-505-3gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-505-4gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-505-5gb.bin

• 672.zip
    • LinuxLoader-672.bin
    • LinuxLoader-672-2gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-672-3gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-672-4gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-672-5gb.bin

• 702.zip
    • LinuxLoader-702.bin
    • LinuxLoader-702-2gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-702-3gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-702-4gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-702-5gb.bin

• 755.zip
    • LinuxLoader-755.bin
    • LinuxLoader-755-2gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-755-3gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-755-4gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-755-5gb.bin

• 900.zip
    • LinuxLoader-900.bin
    • LinuxLoader-900-2gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-900-3gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-900-4gb.bin
    • LinuxLoader-900-5gb.bin
And from the README.md: PS4Linux-Payloads

Linux payload for PS4

• 6.72 - 9.00
Why this repo ?

I just wanted to keep all PS4-kexec with fix in the same place, also i wanted to build payloads do separate folders.

PS4-kexec is the payload ?

NO, the kexec here is for boot a custom kernel the payload (main.c) here is for boot the os and kernel by using the kexec.

You can find a better explanation here

How I compile the payload ?

You need some dependence, you can install them with these command.

Ubuntu/Debian
Code:
sudo apt install build-essential
sudo apt install yasm
Arch Linux
Code:
sudo pacman -Sy base-devel
sudo pacman -Sy yasm
After that just go to the root directory and run the make command

I have a error when I try to compile the payload

You can leave an issue or contact me on Twitter

Credit

sleirsgoevy for the payload, tihmstar for 7.02 offset, codedwrench for 7.55 & 9.00 offset

Cheers to LavaVex (Twitch) on Twitter for sharing the image below, and have a great Christmas Eve 2021 full of new PS4 Game PKGs! :kitty:

Spoiler: Related Downloads / Tweets / Videos
PS4 Linux Loader Payloads for 6.72, 7.02, 7.55 and 9.00 Firmware.png

Comments

Exploit PS4 Firmware 9.00 using Linux tools (Essentially 3 Steps)

Obtain PS4 Firmware 9.00 [PS4 Retail version is a smaller file]

Obtain the most recent update of the specially crafted exFAT disk image
Obtain a homebrew enabler
DISCLAIMER: This is my FIRST POST... Also some assumptions were made about basic Linux knowledge and common OS setup... Sorry my avatar is a bit ugly, but it did take me at least 20 minutes of human energy/time to create.

Step 0a: (Unnecessary step but good practice) Clear the drive:

(ENSURE ALL PARTITIONS ON THE USB ARE UNMOUNTED, BUT DON'T EJECT THE DRIVE)

To write 550 MiB worth of zeros (Honestly only 1-2MiB of zeroes is needed) to clear any old data in a potential GPT partition table existing on the USB stick:

sudo dd if=/dev/zero bs=2M count=275 status=progress of=/dev/___
(OF COURSE your USB block-device will most likely be named differently, in my personal use-case it was: of=/dev/sdc, also use count=10 to make it faster)
sudo sync

Step 0b: (Unnecessary step but good practice) Write a partition table to the drive:

sudo fdisk /dev/...

'o' => Use this option if USB is ~2TB or less; It creates a new empty DOS partition table
'g' => Otherwise use this option if USB is greater than 2TB; It creates a new empty GPT partition table
'w' => To write the table and exit

Step 1: Update the PS4 to the Firmware 9.00 using the Retail (smaller of the two) version

(Optionally follow Step 0a). Then follow Step 0b.
sudo fdisk /dev/...
-ONLY IF using a DOS Partition Table on the USB
{
'n' for new => 'p' for primary => '' blank for partition number => '' blank for first and last sector
't' => '7' for exFAT
}
-ONLY IF using a GPT Partition Table on the USB
{
'n' for new => '' blank for partition number => '' blank for first and last sector
't' => '11' for Microsoft basic data (which also covers exFAT)
}
'w' => To write the table and exit
sudo sync
sudo mkfs.exfat -v /dev/sdx1
(format the partition into exFAT, where the 'x' in sdx1 aligns with your personal USB block device name)
sudo sync
-The next steps summarize copying the PS4 Firmware file to the USB if you don't know how to do that (Some steps were not explained)
sudo mkdir <folder-name>
sudo mount /dev/sdx1 <folder-name> (where '<folder-name>' is a new existing folder where you want to mount the USB drive to)
sudo mkdir -p <folder-name>/PS4/UPDATE
sudo cp <PS4-firmware-file> <folder-name>/PS4/UPDATE/ (copying the firmware 9.00 to the drive in the CORRECT folder)
sudo sync (actually write the buffer/cache to the physical disk)
sudo umount /dev/sdx1
sudo eject /dev/sdx (we are "safely removing" the entire drive and not just the partition, upon success we can physically unplug it from the computer)

When navigating PS4 menu... turn a couple of options off: Settings->Network->Connect to the Internet(off); Settings->Network->(set to LAN but don't plug in Ethernet to avoid auto updates, or set to custom DNS you can control); Settings->System->Automatic Downloads(set all options/checkboxes here to off)

With the USB with PS4 Firmware Update plugged in, Goto Settings->System Software Update->Install Firmware 9.00

Step 2: Write the specially crafted exFAT disk image to a USB drive you don't care to overwrite:

(Optionally follow Step 0a)
sudo dd if=<what-is-that-file-called-again>.img of=/dev/<name-of-your-usb-block>
sudo sync
sudo eject /dev/<name-of-your-usb-block>
(and then remove the drive from the computer 'iff' no errors were thrown)

Step 3: On the PS4's Internet Browser to exploit the webkit vulnerability follow the instructions when to insert the specially crafted exFAT USB, and when to remove it. Upon success you should have the Debug menu unlocked in PS4>Settings, and perhaps another menu unlocked special to your chosen homebrew enabler.

CLOSING THOUGHTS: You should really host your own website (maybe copy all the original hoster's files) and perhaps run your own DNS server that prevents the PlayStation from phoning home.

WHY I AM CONCERNED: When I plugged into the internet, the PlayStation popped a notification in the top-left suggesting an update even though I had updates disabled. This means that Sony could really screw you if they needed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back