Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM       31      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awhile back we reported on a PS4 PKG Finder available at OrbisModding.com, and today Octolus announced he started a new PS4 Package (PKG) Searchable Database with an API located at PS4.Octolus.net (aka PS4Database.io, currently located at OrbisPatches.com followed by PKGDB.io) with automated patch updates via PS4Patches. :fire:

As the PS4 Exploited 4.05 scene awaits upcoming details from Flat_z on Running Custom PKG Games which was recently unveiled in his interview and demo, it would be handy to stockpile PS4 PKG Files including those HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE from PSNStuffX compiling them into a one-stop-shop scene database. (y)

• PS4 CUSA Resolver located HERE is an In-depth Title Fetcher that fetches inaccessible information from official APIs and archives it for future reference.
PS4.Octolus.net PS4 Package (PKG) Searchable Database by Octolus.jpg

Comments

this is stock update patch you can't install directly, right? Do I have to convert it to fpkg to make it work?

That means if I don't own the game I can't install fpkg update either ? I think there is something wrong here. All 4.55 pkg game out there are fpkg, right? So why we can't install fpkg update ?

@Thien Tran Yeah you can use a fpkg update on a fpkg game. But you can't use a Official update on a fpkg.

You can only use a official update with a Original game I hope that make sense.

As the PS4Scene awaits further updates on TheFloW's PS4 Exploit Disclosure proceeding the PS4 Exploit Dev Stream and brief summary for those who missed it, following her PS4 Encrypted Trophy Errors Fix Script PlayStation 4 developer @Sorrow446 recently shared on Github a PS4 OPKG Update Downloader Tool for downloading PS4 game update PKGs with details below. šŸ˜ƒ

Download: ps4_opkg_update_downloader_x86.exe / GIT

This comes after the PlayStation 4 Package (PKG) Finder, OrbisPatches / PKGDB, PS4 PKG Integrity Checker, PS4 Title Update Checker, PlayStation Store DLC Indexer, Go PS4 / PSN Game Search Utility, FRMCHK PS4 Game FW Data, PlayStation Title Info Checker and PS4-JSON-2-SHA1 Python Script to check hashes of PlayStation 4 game packages... and from the README.md: PS4 OPKG Update Downloader

Tool written in Python to download official PS4 update PKGs. Unpolished.
Features
  • Drag and drop game dump folder.
  • Merge update pieces.
  • Choose output directory.
  • Resumable from script restart.
Setup
  1. Fill in config.json.
Usage
  1. Drag game dump folder onto ps4_opkg_update_downloader.py/ps4_opkg_update_downloader_x86.exe).
  2. Input ID of update to download.
or
  1. Double click ps4_opkg_update_downloader.py/ps4_opkg_update_downloader_x86.exe).
  2. Input game CUSA.
  3. Input ID of update to download.
PS4 OPKG Update Downloader Tool for Game Update PKGs by Sorrow446.jpg

So... We can just download the update of game for firmware 8.03 and then backport the update an run it with the fake pkg game? Its something like that? Thanks guys! (I am newbie :D)

@enanitox
No, to use an update that requires firmware >7.02 (currently), you need to have a running exploit that supports the newer firmware.

Looks like we will have an exploit for7.55 soon but not ETA for FW on 8.0 an higher.. in other words, you need to wait (no one knows) for an exploit for firmware 8.x to run games or updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back