Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 29, 2019 at 1:07 AM       144      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his PS4 Patch Builder for Building Modded Update PKGs, today PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @MODDEDWARFARE released via Twitter a PS4 Package (PKG) Sender application complete with a video guide from his YouTube Channel! :tree: :santa:

Download: PS4 Package Sender 1.2.zip (1.3 MB - includes PS4 Package Sender v1.2.exe) / Remote Package Installer / Additional Help Tips

Spoiler: Depreciated

Below are some additional details from the video's description, and don't forget today is Black Friday 2019 so be sure to check out the Black Friday 2019 Ad Scans, PlayStation Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals and PlayStation Store Black Friday 2019 PSN Sale for the hottest deals this holiday season! 🔥

Remote Pkg Installer Setup Tutorial:

This video covers how to use my PS4 Package Sender app to send multiple PS4 PKG files from any location on your computer to your PS4 over your LAN connection.

Download Links:
PS4 Remote Package Installer Tutorial (5.05 Jailbreak):
Improving Remote Pkg Installer Transfer Speed:
PS4 Package Sender Release/Tutorial:
How to Install & Setup Useful PS4 Homebrew Apps (6.72 or Lower!)
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 Package (PKG) Sender Release & Tutorial by MODDED WARFARE.jpg

Comments

@Leeful
Generally no problem for me because I'm using this program successfully in my way. :)

Yes of course and I know Remote Package Installler always on my screen at visible. Problem isn't this.

I don't know why old program is (without GUI) sending pkg files from every location but new GUI programs are sending from only in HDD C ? And I can only 1 pkg file sending at the same time.

Probably problem is; I am not using Wifi method or Wifi connection for sending pkg files.

My PC connected to modem with network cable,
My console connected to modem with network cable too.
I have Gigabit network.
With this configuration, my pkg sending speed between 100 and 110 MB (Megabyte)/sn
So, this is enough for me.

@Leeful Thanks for testing it.

@baybarsturan To add to what @Leeful has already outlined. You should always be using Al-Azif DNS when using the Remote Pkg Installer because it blocks all http requests to Sony's servers.

If the PS4 makes a request to Sony's servers while transferring a file in RPI it will cause the download to stop and it will just say 99.99+ hours remaining and never finish the transfer. Again it's some issue with the Remote Package Installer I have no control over.

I have no idea why you can't send from other hard drives on your computer though. I would like to know if anyone else is having such a problem as so far you seem to be the only one I've come across.

@MODDEDWARFARE
I don't know too and I didn't solve sending pkg files from other hard drives.. but old (.bat files) program working and sending from other hdd drives.

Just GUI programs can't send from other hdd drives. This is very interesting situation.

No problem for me. If pgk file size is big and inside other hdd drives, I'm using old program. And this 3 programs giving me same fast tarnsfer speed.

Also, my friend has same transfer problem like me. You can add count 2 people for now. :)

Thanks for your works and reply.

@MODDEDWARFARE
I have found a small bug with Package Sender v1.1
If you select multiple pkg's from the list and select Remove Package(s) it only removes the top one instead of all of the ones you selected.

Also, here is a suggestion/request for the next version:

I have noticed that if you try and send a pkg that is already installed it skips it and moves on to the next. This is an excellent feature but instead of it saying 'Sent' in the status could you make it say 'Skipped'. It also says 'Sent' if you cancel the transfer. It would be great if the status said 'Cancelled'.

Cheers. :)

@MODDEDWARFARE
I solved all my problems. Problem was some ESET Internet Security and windows firewall settings. I know that I disabled A/V and Firewall security before. But, still pkg sender was not sending files.

So, I uninstalled ESET, reset firewall then setup ESET again and now everything works fine. I'm sending multiple files from every drives now. :)

My request if possible you can add uninstall choice in your program like pkg linker program.

Also, I checked your pkg sender videos and I read the commments under the video. I saw few user comments about file sending problems like me, also some user say not sending from USB drive. I guess below info will solve their problems.

I discovered that if any pkg file is located in the root directory of any hdd drive (including usb root), pkg sender GUI programs can't send pkg files. But, if any pkg file is located in any folder for all drives, pkg file can sending without any problem.

Please check this theory yourself. Old .bat program can sending files from the root directory but GUI programs not. Thanks.

I can confirm what @baybarsturan said. I too cannot send pkg's from the root of a drive using Package Sender. It just stays on idle.

@MODDEDWARFARE I have found a problem with Package Sender v1.1. If you add multiple games (over 3GB) and try to 'send All' the process eventually goes wrong and the connection to the PS4 is lost.

The problem is that while it is sending the first file it sends so much of it then it starts to send the next file before it is complete. This causes the PKG's to start queueing on the PS4 and eventually the connection is lost.

The problem only exists in v1.1. In v1.0 it works correctly by only sending the second file once the first one has completely finished.

I did not notice this bug before because when I tested it I only used small pgk's and the problem did not occur then.

@Leeful Did you try increasing the timeout? Say to 10 seconds? Because that's exactly what happens if it times out. Also the reason 1.0 is working might be because the default timeout is a few seconds higher. Since there was no option to change it I added a few extra seconds in the original version for slower connections.

@baybarsturan A fix for the root drive issue will be implemented in the next version and I will also look into adding the uninstall options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back