Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 30, 2017 at 7:17 AM       52      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their previous PlayStation 4 Firmware update, today Sony has pushed the PS4 System Software 4.70 update live which brings some minor changes including the PlayStation Store Icons and a new tournament match list as part of yet another stability revision to improve the quality of system performance. :cautious:

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.70 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.70 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.70 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.70 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.70 Update (JP)

To quote from PlayStation EU Community Coordinator LordRoss on this mandatory update:

System Software version 4.70 for the PlayStation 4 has been released today. This is a mandatory update which adds a new match list view to display match results for anyone who participates in a tournament.

Main features in version 4.70 update
  • [Tournaments] A new match list view is available to display match results for any who participate in a tournament
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
To quote from PSX-Sense.nl via JDubled, roughly translated:

"However, there are also a few minor changes, such as the shortcut to the PlayStation Store. This has got a new icon, which is more modern and just 'Store'.

This new icon style continues with PlayStation Vue and Video (both available only in the United States) and PlayStation Now."

Imguralbumbot also points out the PlayStation Plus icon has been updated in PS4 System Software v4.70.

As always, we'll update this article once PS4 developers examine it and report feedback on what it patches... until then it's advised NOT to update your PlayStation 4 Firmware if you wish to use PS4 GameSharing Methods, run homebrew, Linux and game backups at some point in the future.
Cheers to @CaseyP, @DarkElementPL, @guido970, @Jeff, @oneman123 and @xxmcvapourxx in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the news tips! :beer:
PS4 System Software  Firmware 4.70 Now Live, Stability Update.jpg

Attachments

• PlayStation Store Icons.jpg
    PlayStation Store Icons.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 651
  • PlayStation Plus Icon.jpg
    PlayStation Plus Icon.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 556

Comments

Means Sony has patched the way to access the bug. But the bug is still there. Those who are still on 4.55 or lower still have the entry point

Means Sony has patched the way to access the bug. But the bug is still there. Those who are still on 4.55 or lower still have the entry point
that i understand, i just dont know if it means he will release anything now (without the way to use the bug, whats the point of having it?)

but accounting his latest tweet, it seem we will have to wait a lot more, he should just search for chaitins exploit since that one was already fixed anyways

this way we will keep waiting and waiting for something

Does this mean that he does not release anything even now?

that i understand, i just dont know if it means he will release anything now (without the way to use the bug, whats the point of having it?)

but accounting his latest tweet, it seem we will have to wait a lot more, he should just search for chaitins exploit since that one was already fixed anyways

this way we will keep waiting and waiting for something
Guys what he is gonna release (if he does) is gonna be for lower fw, not for the 4.70. so his saying that the entry point been patched is a good news. that means he can disclose the exploit and continue

I dont think that way
the bug seems to still be there, just not usable, if the guy finds another entry point in the future, we would be able to use it again (considering its easier to find entry points than to find bugs)

so a release on lower firmwares would still end up patching the bug in future fws, from what i can get

So I'm new to all of this ps4 jailbreaking stuff, the only thing I've ever done close to jailbreaking was soft mod a Wii and root android phones, but never a ps4. I heard you could do it to a PS3 but I have no solder skills.

My question is, is there any jailbreak or mods for v4.70? I went on vacation and updated my console a month ago from 4.55 and after reading some websites I regret it cuz I want to jailbreak my ps4. I see websites on using a USB to jailbreak a ps4 using a pup file, but I don't trust them because the comments seem made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back