Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 12, 2018 at 5:11 AM       65      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS Vita Firmware 3.68 Update earlier this week and their previous PS4 OFW, it appears Sony is once again on the warpath with yet another PS4 System Software / Firmware 5.53 update which 'improves system performance' via patching more holes that could be exploited by PS4 hackers to allow jailbreaking and homebrew... so needless to say, DON'T UPDATE! :cautious:

Download: PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (JP)

:alert: Update: PlayStation scene developer @Mathieulh confirmed on Twitter that PS4 OFW 5.53 fixes the currently available WebKit Exploit, and those interested in comparing revisions can grab the latest 5.53 WebKit here: webkit-601_2_7-553.zip (788 MB)

To quote from Sony's Official Page on the 5.53 OFW changes: Main features in version 5.53 update
  • This system software update improves system performance.
As always, we'll update this article throughout the day as PlayStation 4 developers examine 5.53 OFW and share their findings with the PS4 scene... and for those new here are guides on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.
Code:
r91210/release_branches/release_05.530 Mar 28 2018 05:41:01
Cheers to @DEFAULTDNB also for the heads-up on this news! :beer:
PS4 System Software Firmware 5.53 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

@DEFAULTDNB

The only ps4 that goes online is My up-to-date one

My 4.55 has never and never will go online

However will a controller or psvr log its been used on my 4.55 and send this to Sony when it's attached to an up-to-date and online ps4 then ban my up update ps4 or my psn account on said console

Do controllers or the psvr utilise any logs regarding what systems they have be used on and when

@Puppydogpals I have not ever heard of peripherals on PS4 logging activity. Just the console will log whats being played on it.

You should be absolutely fine to use a vr kit on a 4.55 and 5.53 simultaneously.

This sending data to Sony shenanigans is freaking me out lol!, even if controllers don't do that, i'll play it real safe by just using the accessories my legit PS4 Pro has out of the box separate from my 4.55 PS4 FAT accessories

Just bought a PS4 slim with 5.50 fw, now i should be waiting ages and ages for Kexploit

Hopefully they figure out how to use spoofing method for 5.50.

@Jattrax Yes you will be waiting a LONG time. if Qwertyuoirp or whatever that dev's name is... is the only one doing the Keploit, then yes, don't expect to see something for 5.50 till deep into 2019. He actually has a kexploit for 5.00 , since OCTOBER 2017 and STILL hasn't released it.

Yup, Qwerty did a tweet for 5.50 some days/weeks ago iirc, he doesn't have it and is not currently working on it and he is by far the only person i know (maybe there's more hopefully) doing this thing, so anyone on 5.50 maybe be waiting until the crows turn white to get their kexploit lol!, but Qwerty did tweeted about the 5.00 kexploit last year and a video of it got leaked or something installing The Last Guardian, so that's the next one if he ever decides to release it, so keep your fingers crossed :p

everybody - who thinks that ps4 controllers are "logging data" and that if you put one from a 4.55 exploited system into a current firmware legit one, that sony will "read it" and ban your legit unexploited one..... this is the most insane thing i've ever heard.

Not only is this not technically possible with these controllers, ummmm legally , they CAN'T ban your console:

1. The controller with the "4.55 data" could have come from anywhere... ebay, a pawnshop
etc. meaning they can't prove that at the time the data went into the controller ...that it was actually YOUR controller!

2. The "4.55 data" in the controller , could have come from a ps4 that is NOT yours! and they can't prove it, even if its connected to the same network, because it could be a roommate's, a relative visiting you...etc so under assumption alone, they're going to BAN your legit console???

3. They can't prove that the legit ps4 console that the controller with the "4.55 data" being plugged into is actually YOURS!

A console CAN be banned , regardless of whose it is when the console shows that it has copyright/security counter measures in it, which can allow backups, because the ACTUAL system has those things installed.

An accessory with "DATA" of a modded system (if it were possible, but isn't) in it or ANY peripherals with ANY data on it of ANY kinda can't be used to "punish" you because they can't prove the origin of the data nor the accessory.

when they say they are collecting data of peripherals/accessories ....they mean from the "devices" page of the ps4, that shows what controllers, bluetooth headsets, keyboards..etc that were/are connected to the system. C'mon people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back