Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 12, 2018 at 5:11 AM       65      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS Vita Firmware 3.68 Update earlier this week and their previous PS4 OFW, it appears Sony is once again on the warpath with yet another PS4 System Software / Firmware 5.53 update which 'improves system performance' via patching more holes that could be exploited by PS4 hackers to allow jailbreaking and homebrew... so needless to say, DON'T UPDATE! :cautious:

Download: PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 5.53 Update (JP)

:alert: Update: PlayStation scene developer @Mathieulh confirmed on Twitter that PS4 OFW 5.53 fixes the currently available WebKit Exploit, and those interested in comparing revisions can grab the latest 5.53 WebKit here: webkit-601_2_7-553.zip (788 MB)

To quote from Sony's Official Page on the 5.53 OFW changes: Main features in version 5.53 update
  • This system software update improves system performance.
As always, we'll update this article throughout the day as PlayStation 4 developers examine 5.53 OFW and share their findings with the PS4 scene... and for those new here are guides on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.
Code:
r91210/release_branches/release_05.530 Mar 28 2018 05:41:01
Cheers to @DEFAULTDNB also for the heads-up on this news! :beer:
PS4 System Software Firmware 5.53 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

That's how everyone is covered from the dumbasses who would update and then cry afterwards to those with multiple PS4 consoles or don't care about backups and homebrew seeking the latest PlayStation 4 Firmware.

Also many scene devs like to examine Sony's latest PS4 OFW to find out what changes they really made since their public changelog is basically useless. :sneaky:

On the data collection page it states that it will collect data from connected devices such as controllers, psvr etc

Could they use this to see what systems they have been connected to and on what firmware version. Either from the a controller. Psvr/breakout box.

Then start console/ psn banning on data collected from this?

As of yet I have not attached my controller or psvr from my main up-to-date ps4 onto my 4.55 as of yet but may do on the future.

Or am better of keeping all accessories separate from both systems

@AngelDavil88 no news yet. Sit back and wait.

@Puppydogpals PS3 used to log everything you launched and sent it to sony when online (PSNINJA would wipe it). I imagine PS4 would be the same, so yeah running anything HEN/Backup related and then going online would be stupid.

i have one controller attached with ps4 pro 5.50 and same with 4.55 is this okay or i have to buy a new controller soon

Please sort out ....are they collecting data for controllers too....

@AngelDavil88

@DEFAULTDNB was talking about a userland exploit not a kernel exploit

You need a userland as the first step in order to leverage the system in order to run a kexploit

No 5.05 or 5.50 kexploitd are in the wild (though some probably do exist) only userland exploits but these have now been patched (although some private unreleased ones might still work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back