Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 13, 2018 at 5:42 AM       166      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the release of PS4 Firmware 5.56, Sony has continued testing their PS4 Beta 6.00 with some 6.00 Beta 3 screenshots surfacing... and now they've pushed PS4 System Software 6.00 live with the current changelog not revealing much yet, as follows:

PlayStation 4 system software update

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.00

Main features in version 6.00 update
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Download: PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (JP) / PS4 6.00 Beta 1 / Beta 2 / Beta 3 PUPs (Decrypted)

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps, we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

Code:
6.0.0 Master key: C1DBEDCEBF0DD6956079E506CFA1XXXX
Package1 key: 1A7015DCC277A08F1214AD41384DXXXX
PS4 System Software Firmware 6.00 Released, Don't Update.jpg

Comments

@Brigan heard the term “cat and mouse”?

If Sony never patched it they would be doing a disservice to their developers meaning the actively know all their games from that point on are piratable, and they chose to never patch it. What’s more likely is devs not disclosing their findings to hold for aslong as possible to maximise their game compatibility.

Once a vuln is found devs hint by saying “stay low” or don’t update.

As I understand there are 2 ways vulns get out, 1: “responsible disclosure” where a developer finds a bug and reports it, if they get a bounty for it then fair play, 2: or a developer just releases an exploit publicly which is easily found and checked out by Sony’s PlayStation techs, however once it’s received/found and patched THAT is usually the point at which an update comes out to patch it and following that the exploit is “burned” and becomes available for that firmware for end users.

Sony have to protect their IP.

@DEFAULTDNB Hmmm..... what is this "cat and mouse" game you speak of?

On a serious note, I see what your saying. Wouldn't patching the vulnerability also be doing a disservice to their devs too. It's very well known that jb devs wont release anything until sony finds the vulnerability. Buuuuuuut, if sony patches it, the jb devs release an updated jb which allows even more backups on newer games.

It's not as if sony patching a vulnerability will stop people from not updating there system so that they will be able to use their system to pirate games.

I hope you see what I'm saying. Sony can continue with system updates but as long as they don't patch the vulnerability, the devs will not release a new jb and backups will not spread to newer games and features that come with system updates will be blocked by those waiting for a new jb. By that happening, the vulnerability will only stay with the few devs that wont release anything.

Yeah something like that. If they don't patch, no exploit will be released, but is like many written, there isn't infinite exploits bugs (well, if they close "every door", where can you enter from? So, the best is keeping it private.). But, they can find a exploit that's already patched using (if any exist :p) a private entry point (won't be easy). For eg, 4.55 exploit was found first then the 4.05 exploit.

$ony techs aren't the best in the world (imo), some exploits were public knowledge and their software still had them. So it's hard to know when they will patch lol or if... They might don't even know what to patch lol...unless they search around CVE's vuln and know what's public or not... but many don't made to public after some long time and like written by DEFAULTDNB some (might) be waiting for (or not) some bounty (props to who finds them). I don't know if $ony has that, like Nint3ndo has (FreeBSD isn't only used with PS4, so...).

Saying Sony techs aren't talented is a bit mean, don't you think? Surely they have a security team and a debugging team and so on and so on.

Yea bro I don't like Sony just as the next man. But I'm a tech to and that puts salt on wounds saying tech's aren't smart, sure were not scientist but we still get the job done to :(

I miss the good old days with geo hot, when everything was open source, devs and players were listening and helping each other, now devs are a bunch of selfish people keeping everything private, the community is full of kids who just wants God Of War for free, and instead of working together "against" Sony, we are making their job easier...

Poor PS4, I was hoping this console would be a PS3 V.2 with more emulation, power, stability and just fun but instead we just have a useless thing with few useless homebrews and just nothing to do on CFW

@Tar
Not only are the devs selfish, but now they're trolling the community with posts about jets they bought with money sony gave them. What a bunch of high school kids trying to look for attention. Keep their 5.55 private exploit and leave the ps4 community forever. Someone else will come along like geo hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back