Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 13, 2018 at 5:42 AM       166      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the release of PS4 Firmware 5.56, Sony has continued testing their PS4 Beta 6.00 with some 6.00 Beta 3 screenshots surfacing... and now they've pushed PS4 System Software 6.00 live with the current changelog not revealing much yet, as follows:

PlayStation 4 system software update

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.00

Main features in version 6.00 update
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Download: PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (JP) / PS4 6.00 Beta 1 / Beta 2 / Beta 3 PUPs (Decrypted)

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps, we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

Code:
6.0.0 Master key: C1DBEDCEBF0DD6956079E506CFA1XXXX
Package1 key: 1A7015DCC277A08F1214AD41384DXXXX
PS4 System Software Firmware 6.00 Released, Don't Update.jpg

Comments

@Brigan: Sorry my english isn't good enough to give me the possibily to answer as good as i can but, you should now that when i ask why it takes so long it's just to add a note of humour on subject, it's not troll at all. I know that there is people behind that are on all of this, and i thank them for their work!

SpecterDev has already stated that he has a 5.55 exploit, he has kept it private to keep the scene from impacting sony's online strategy as that would certainly cause sony to bring out the big guns.

@JamesLogan They can. One of the big problems is that there isn't unlimited "supply" of exploits.There might be still some 0day from back the early days of PS4 that might still work (just a guess) but never saw the light of day and the ones made public might have been found using some entry point that never saw the light of day and still not patched, for eg. This just some assumptions nothing else.

So to avoid things getting patched and you are left with no exploit, making them only private is a good choice on the dev's end. Let me say that there's (assuming only, not saying there is any or not, this just some eg.) only 2 entry points and if they make one public, it can lead to a future patch blocking both and any that can be found using those. So, until they find a new entry point that's patched, it might see the light of day. What all those public kexploits have in common? They were patched and none were a 0day (we did get a 0day webkit entry point... but not the same as a kexploit).

I really hope that the work around the hardware done by some people (blog from team fail0verflow) lead to some day a CFW and a full control on the PS4 to be able to "unlock" those mandatory stuff from $ONY (i mean to be able to have some functions or the full potential you need to be on latest firmware and having internet or else they are all locked, dunno if this a stupid move from $ony or a smart one lol). Not that a kexploit is a bad thing, but we really don't see the homebrew scene grew on it like on previous PS3 for eg.

Word on the street OFW 6.00 simply fails to install for some either online or via USB, and rumours of bans happening this past few days.

Bans could be from joining modded lobbies or having previously updated from a hackable fw where the user didn’t format.

I would like to know more to figure out any pattern for the latter.

it could be that they're finally cracking down on people who previously had hacked content and didn't even try erase it before updating to OFW for whatever reason.

It could be something else entirely... who knows right now.

I have requested info over at my GBATEMP thread AIO PS4 GUIDE.

I highly doubt if it is caused by an exploit because when you restart your PS4 it gets back to its original state leaving no trace behind according to my limited knowledge.

However the hacked content could be a problem as it is always present there until user removes it. Yup it could be anything after all I hope that you get all the info regarding the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back