Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 13, 2018 at 5:42 AM       166      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the release of PS4 Firmware 5.56, Sony has continued testing their PS4 Beta 6.00 with some 6.00 Beta 3 screenshots surfacing... and now they've pushed PS4 System Software 6.00 live with the current changelog not revealing much yet, as follows:

PlayStation 4 system software update

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.00

Main features in version 6.00 update
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Download: PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.00 Update (JP) / PS4 6.00 Beta 1 / Beta 2 / Beta 3 PUPs (Decrypted)

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps, we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

Code:
6.0.0 Master key: C1DBEDCEBF0DD6956079E506CFA1XXXX
Package1 key: 1A7015DCC277A08F1214AD41384DXXXX
PS4 System Software Firmware 6.00 Released, Don't Update.jpg

Comments

Anyway, we will soon reach the game release of rdr 2.
This is the game of this generation for many people.
Most people will update the Ps4 only to play it

Like every single day I go on something called Google and type in PS4 Jailbreak if something comes up it will show up there there's plenty of websites talking about it like this if something shows up you will see it. You don't have to cry at people on Twitter you just need a brain.

If such a “jailbreak” ever comes out for any newer firmware, every PS4 related hacking site will have it front page. DEFINITELY.

No need for anyone to google.

No need for anyone to ask “wen”.

This is going too far man "anyone asking for the jailbreak or news on the science is dumb as a fu#k" ... its the war between the nope and the developers :(

@DEFAULTDNB

Thanks for the devwiki link. I didn't know about it. Interesting information; definitely above my level of understanding. A question if I may; are kernel exploits based on webkit ones or are they different and independent exploits?

@eddlang they are different.

WebKit needs escalating to kernel.

WebKit is initial code exec in user space.

Userland is limited in control of what you can do.

Kernel is where the fun happens.

I see. This was what I meant by devs delaying the release. If kernel exploits use specific kernel vulnerabilities and if the rumored 5.5x private kernel exploit is true, then it would make sense to not release it so that this privately known vulnerability doesn't become public knowledge for as long as possible.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful. I'm simply defending the community. Honestly, I don't care about a new jailbreak. I have a 5.05 ps4 pro. And I didnt say anything until a couple days ago. The disrespect and entitlement from the devs was shameful.

Not everyone has been coming here since the ps4 was originally hacked. Most people stumbled on this site after the scene started picking up speed. Some got lucky and didn't update their ps4's. But most had the auto update on, only to find that when news broke about 5.05, their ps4 had already updated itself to 5.55. We ask what to do and are turned away with "I told you not to update! Go find another ps4 on 5.05 or below."

But guess what? It wasnt that easy! After 5.05 jb was released I did call around to find new ps4s to jailbreak and sell. Nobody had them in stock with the same reason... Sony recalled them or wasnt sending them more for the time being. Looks like Sony got word of the jb. So again, it wasnt that easy to find. The devs didnt say that work had stopped for any future exploit. So the questions built up with most devs not answering the question and instead we're told by reputable sites not to update.

Which, to a normal person, means that work is being done. Even the front page here says not to update. The devs haven't been clear to anyone about the future of jb. Usually when the scene picks up, devs dont just drop it the way devs are saying they dropped the ps4. I'll respond with kindness if the devs treated us with kindness. But when I see devs calling us dumb f#@ks and other vitriol, I am going to speak up!

I dont care if you're a dev or not. It doesnt give you the right to treat people this way. We're excited! Finally the scene is growing! Only to be treated like we're crap stuck on the bottom of your shoes. Respect goes both ways. Devs, thanks for all that you've done but please stop treating us so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back