Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4HEN Android Guide, PS4 Exploit Host for OpenWRT, PS4HEN Wifi USB Drive Guide, PS4HEN Wifi Card Reader Guide and PS4HEN Airdisk iOS iPhone Guide today we have another PS4HEN tutorial from @FrogDR who sent it via the Contact link for those interested in trying out, to quote:

How to Host PS4HEN with USB Stick (not Wifi) and Router (without OpenWRT)

Hello,

I want to share with other my method to Host a Exploit and PS4HEN using USB stick (not Wifi stick) and router (without OpenWRT) with USB Port :)

What I've got and how i use it:

What we need : Router Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 (any router with usb port and storage sharing?) and Kingston 8GB USB STICK (any USB stick) and usb_455_vr_hen.zip from @stooged

1. Format USB Stick on a FAT32 and create a folder (i create exploit) then copy files from usb_455_vr_hen.zip to this folder.

2. Plug USB Stick to router and go to yours routers menu to ReadySHARE Settings and make sure you have check Basic USB Storage. In Advance Settings check Network Neighborhood and HTTP Access Method.

3. On PS4 go to Web Browser and Add Bookmark. I add Bookmark "Exploit USB" with address: http://readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares/USB_Storage/exploit/index.html

4. Thats all !

After this you do not have to commit additional devices like PC or Phone and Host PS4HEN is available all the time. You just need to run a Web Browser on your PS4 and open Your Bookmark with Exploit address :)

After this setup you have a Easiest and fastest way to make your PS4 ready to install homebrew :) So should try this if you have a router with USB Port :)

P.S. Sorry for my Wnglish. I never learn it at school :unsure:
P.S. Here are images showing this method

PS4HEN with USB Stick (Non-Wifi) and Router Without OpenWRT Guide.jpg

PS4HEN with USB Stick (Non-Wifi) and Router Without OpenWRT Guide 2.jpg

Greet
Frog

Comments

@markshane stooged already addressed v1 and v2 with a recent update. I think there is an arrow somewhere on it which asks? Not sure.

Ideally you would load "original" specter (aka Bin Loader), which would allow ps4 to listen for payloads on port 9023, then send holy grail manually.

Unfortunately I dont host via android so not exactly sure how @stooged app handles sending payloads, or what ps4serve2 offers.

@g0kuz so now the problem is a name of the file ? I discovered this method and at first I thought I would share it with others on this forum. i Add this "problematic" files later because i want to help other users. And I said from beginning that i have this files from other forum and i`m not create this ! i make my nickname on it because i upload this that's it...

I ask you to tell us what model of router you have (because this could help someone to buy a right model to make this works) and you still have not written it, you only complain. And I'm selfish here yes ???

Gosh I thought that only women have such problems... Please THIS is special 4 u ;)

And you can share my method wherever you want if that help to someone. You do not have to mention me. I don't give a f.... :winkytongue: it's important for me to help each other, not some fame....

@Squ89r97 @Sajjad Rahim @DarkJediRey guys look at the @kaaka #66 post. He fix "data not supported" error. Maybe it will help you.

@FrogDR did you use the latest files here:

KiiWii SELF HOST INDEX V4.2.rar

That KiiWii guy is super awesome, I wish I was him... <sigh>

Changes:
  • Updated Lamance to 0.7
  • Updated PS4Cheater to 1.3.3
  • Updated Apptousb to v11
  • Added Mistawes FTP
  • Added Vultra/Valentin Briez Linux loaders.
  • Prepped Chainloader icon (removed contents, watch this space)
  • Changed Holy Grail Payload to work (from PS4.editzz.net)
  • Changed V1 and V2 userland swaps in certain apps for better compatibility (again you can change this yourself)
  • Changed icon sort to group apps

@DEFAULTDNB no no, this is the old one which I added previously. i only change a name special for goku ;) Of course is better to download latest v4.2 Package from your link.. But even with the last version I have errors sometimes :unsure:

Video says to use port 9020 not 9023,

How do I set this up to self host from router that only supports samba sharing(bog standard talktalk router)
no http or ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back