Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter sonik       Start date Oct 26, 2018 at 9:38 PM       136      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 Remote Package Installer and RPI_GUI release I've made a GUI for Windows. It's portable and only needs the .Net Framework (4.5.2) followed by PS4RPI_02.rar, PS4RPI_03.rar, serve-win32.zip updates, PS4RPI_04.rar and more revisions below.

For the http server it uses miniweb.exe. It's included in the download. Please try it.

Download link: PS4RPIGUI: PS4 Remote Package Installer GUI (Latest Version) / ps4rpi_01.rar (319.6 KB) / ps4rpi_01.rar (Mirror) / PS4RPI_02.rar (224.2 KB) / PS4RPI_02.rar (Mirror) / PS4RPI_03.rar (273.2 KB) / ps4rpi_03.rar (Mirror) / serve-win.rar (7.2 MB) / serve-win.rar (Mirror) / serve-win32.zip (8.1 MB - Windows 32-bit Compiled) / serve-win32.zip (Mirror) / PS4RPI_04.rar (274 KB) / PS4RPI-v2.0-pre1.zip / GIT

I will add more features later and also implement some error catching.

PS4 Remote Package Installer Tutorial (5.05 Jailbreak)
PS4RPI PS4 Remote Package Installer GUI by Sonik.png

Comments

@sonik please upload it so I can test.. I am using version 0.3 and I just run the serve-win program that is included. BTW the serve-win keeps telling me there is a new version but I don't know where to download the new version.

UPDATE AVAILABLE The latest version of `serve` is 11.3.0

Can you give me the url where to get the latest version? What webserver is serve-win based on?

I used the batch file to start the program and I also modify the batch file to run both at the same time instead of needing to manually run each program separately. Maybe you could update the batch to do the same thing.
Code:
start serve-win.exe  -n -l 8080
start PS4RPI.exe
Can you also put the most recent source code on github so others may continue to improve the app because you are not as actively involved in developing the app anymore (since your last post was on nov 28 2018)?

Any reason why you are not as involved with the app anymore?

BTW a few of the filehost links are dead. If you put the releases on github, it would last for a long time.

@madmax187 It doesn't matter about the update to 'serve'. It will still work. The serve-win.exe is a standalone node http server.

All the update message means is that node have updated their version of the server. The one you have still works fine.

As Leeful said this version still works. It's the node http server but compiled as a windows stand alone exe. No need to update. And I don't have the tools here to recompile it.

I was not "involved" with it because I'm not using my ps4 anymore for a long time. Also college is taking all my free time. But it's good to know that it's still being used by the community :)

I will post the updated version later today or tomorrow.

If anyone wants it, I've compiled the latest version of the serve.exe for 32 and 64 bit windows. (I've also removed the update nag so it won't nag you if a new version is released)

Just either rename the exe or edit the bat file to make it work.

@Leeful what program did you use to compile it? and what is the command to compile? I am interested in learning how to do it

yeah we can still use the old version but I just like to use the latest version and the red update nag was annoying to see each time

@madmax187 Its a complicated process. You have to install and set up Node.js, Yarn, serve-npm and compile with pkg-npm.

I cant help you with setting it all up because it was ages ago when I did it all and I can't remember the full process exactly.

Luckily I had made a batch file to compile the final exe that still works.:)
Code:
pkg -t win-x86 C:\Users\Leeful\AppData\Local\Yarn\Data\global\node_modules\serve\package.json
Hope this helps.:)

@Leeful I tested the new serve-x64 and serve-x86 that you posted and it seems to have a a problem with transferring large size files e.g. 17gb

I can transfer some smaller size files e.g. 1gb to 2gb etc... but when I transfer the larger size files it would take a really long time to show any messages then it would say A task was canceled

1ryD83y.png

When I started the older serve-win server, it would show success message immediately.

GMbaRSE.png

Can you test it and have a look at how to fix this?

Yeah that is more complicated to setup than just compiling it in an IDE like visual studio etc..

So after all that was setup.. just use that command you posted?

@madmax187 run the Serve application and open its address on a web browser. Then try to download a big file.

On PS4RPI you are pointing it to a folder or the server url? Please try using a url.

New version. Please test.
New:
  • Save and load settings.
  • Command line argument /autostart to supress the settings screen.
If you want to supress the Settings screen, please run the app once and save the settings. Then use edit the batch as PS4RPI.exe /autostart

When you want to edit the settings just run the exe without the argument and save again.

im still using the old one v2 still working this is my config .bat
Code:
serve-win.exe -n -l 8080 E:\TEMP\
i change E: Path to locate my PKG but you need to choose in PS4RPI apps also

@sonik I can confirm after some testing that the new Server applications (x64 and x32) does not download large files when opening it in a web browser and it never shows the save dialog.

When I open the old serve-win, I was able to download the large file from the browser and it show the save dialog immediately.

I also tried renaming the large file to a shorter filename, and the new server didn't download anything.

The older server was able to download (show the save dialog) regardless of the length of the filename.

@sonik On PS4RPI I am pointing it to the same directory the program is located

I don't know what you mean by pointing it to a URL since my files are in the same directory as PS4RPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back