Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 18, 2016 at 12:25 AM       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following MrNiato's PS4 TestKit 3.50 Firmware demo, today he replied with where to obtain the PS4UPDATE-TestKit-GEN3-3_508_041.PUP for other PlayStation 4 developers who own a PS4 TestKit GEN3 console. (-8

Download: PS4UPDATE-testkit-GEN3-3_508_041.PUP (335.0 MB)

Backing up just a minute, previously we reported on the unboxing of a Sony PlayStation 4 / PS4 Debug Test Kit DUH-T1000AA, followed by a PS4UPDATE-testkit-GEN2-1_501_041.PUP, a PS4UPDATE-DevKit-GEN3-P01620590-1_750_061.PUP and also a PS4UPDATE-TestKit-GEN3-1_760_001.PUP leak.

To quote from my post in the ongoing thread with some working download links:

I've seen non-retail PS4 TestKit Generation 1 / Generation 2 / Generation 3 PUP's (like below) floating around sites including the Wiki, but unless you have a GEN1 / GEN2 / GEN3 TestKit they aren't much use.
According to eussNL of the Dev Wiki they aren't 'Debug' Firmware PUPs like most are familiar with in the PS3 scene, and there is no 'DEX' naming at all with PS4 development hardware/software.

Here's to hoping one day Sony's PlayStation 4 follows suit of being able to run PS4 game backups similar to the PS3 and PS Vita consoles, and if anyone has more PS4 DevKit / TestKit Firmware PUPs remember sharing is caring! :happyblush
PS4UPDATE TestKit GEN3 3_508_041 PUP.jpg

Comments

Non Retail : Testkit/Devkit (You can find these console on Ebay if you are lucky)
Retail : The console you buy at Walmart,etc..
Ok thanks, once I get a non-retail ps4 console, what could I do by using this testkit/devkit? How long does it take to load/play games from external hdd according to you?

Ok thanks, once I get a non-retail ps4 console, what could I do by using this testkit/devkit? How long does it take to load/play games from external hdd according to you?
Games run very quickly from the external hard drive connected to the PS4. I have a 4 TB HDD attached to my PS4 with all games in it. Works smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back