Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.

Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

• Hell no, bring it on already!

Votes: 1,200 54.5%
  • Yes, many can't get a PS5 yet!

Votes: 1,002 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the PlayStation 5 Scene saw a PS5 WebKit Vulnerability alongside implementation of a PS5 Userland Exploit for 4.03 PS5 Firmware, which was followed by PS5 Debug Settings & Root Keys Obtained with scene developer @Mathieulh openly stating on Twitter that "Kernel execution has been achieved since week 1" around when the AMD Server Vulnerabilities were disclosed as @zezu420 (aka Znullptr) confirmed the pOOBs4 ExFAT Bug also affects PS5 while BTC Donations set up allowed the lead developer to get a PlayStation 5 console to fully implement the KeXploit on... exemplified by today's PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String image below from Znullptr (aka dmiller423) on Twitter! 🥳

:idea: Those who would like to support his continued development work may do so via BTC Donations, GoFundMe, becoming a Github Sponsor or Patreon. :lovewins:

:alert: Before collectors of PS5 Game Dumps in the PS5Scene get too excited, there's currently no ETA for a public PS5 Kernel Exploit release... but at least knowing it works on 4.03 and below may help those considering updating to Sony's current 4.50 PS5 Firmware make a wise decision not to update for the time being. ;)

:poll: Be sure to vote in our current Site Poll: Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

Finally, we'll keep the PlayStation 5 (PS5) Jailbreak Status page updated as things progress with some related articles (sorted by date, with the oldest first) and Tweets below:
Code:
r179926/releases/04.03 Oct 13 2021 08:48:08
PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String by Znullptr, No ETA for PS5 Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

Makes no difference if a 4.03 kernel exploit was released now, its been patched in later firmware anyway. Man people are stupid..

Honestly, it's kind of weird that this isn't gonna be a full custom firmware ps5 hack like the PS3 days. I thought that the samu key and the AMD vulnerability has made that possible instead of waiting for a kernel exploit for different firmwares every time the the hack has been patched. I honestly thought a full hardware jailbreak is possible.

Hopefully Horizon 2 doesn't need a FW higher than 4.03, because I'd like to play it asap after relase, but FW > 4.03 will bring me into trouble... and I fear I will decide to keep the possible jailbreak FW instead of playing the first game I'm really waiting for on PS5

@lupinr814
Need private keys for any CFW as u need the keys to Sign Firmware files. These are different from Per Console keys and Public keys are only good for fake signing homebrew, games, and support in setting console flags.

The Ps3 only had that happen because the Private keys were able to be found out... if I remember they were used in SPU and always the same instead of being random.

Tbh if the keys were found out... they would probably never be released and for good reason to prevent the ps5 becoming just like the PSP or how the ps3 was. CFW is easy to install and for people to sell.

Having to jump through hoops deters people from selling hacked consoles or people being online with Godmode on every game like how COD games are. Which is good. Cause people don't care and fail to understand yes you own the system but not the network its played on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back