Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.

Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

• Hell no, bring it on already!

Votes: 1,200 54.5%
  • Yes, many can't get a PS5 yet!

Votes: 1,002 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the PlayStation 5 Scene saw a PS5 WebKit Vulnerability alongside implementation of a PS5 Userland Exploit for 4.03 PS5 Firmware, which was followed by PS5 Debug Settings & Root Keys Obtained with scene developer @Mathieulh openly stating on Twitter that "Kernel execution has been achieved since week 1" around when the AMD Server Vulnerabilities were disclosed as @zezu420 (aka Znullptr) confirmed the pOOBs4 ExFAT Bug also affects PS5 while BTC Donations set up allowed the lead developer to get a PlayStation 5 console to fully implement the KeXploit on... exemplified by today's PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String image below from Znullptr (aka dmiller423) on Twitter! 🥳

:idea: Those who would like to support his continued development work may do so via BTC Donations, GoFundMe, becoming a Github Sponsor or Patreon. :lovewins:

:alert: Before collectors of PS5 Game Dumps in the PS5Scene get too excited, there's currently no ETA for a public PS5 Kernel Exploit release... but at least knowing it works on 4.03 and below may help those considering updating to Sony's current 4.50 PS5 Firmware make a wise decision not to update for the time being. ;)

:poll: Be sure to vote in our current Site Poll: Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

Finally, we'll keep the PlayStation 5 (PS5) Jailbreak Status page updated as things progress with some related articles (sorted by date, with the oldest first) and Tweets below:
Code:
r179926/releases/04.03 Oct 13 2021 08:48:08
PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String by Znullptr, No ETA for PS5 Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

@fattony88
Probably 4.03 seems like they are pushing out old stock at the moment. The one I got from Walmart after Christmas was 4.03

I wish I knew a Confucius quote to put here but yes, it's too soon. The console is too young. Barely over a year old. At least let it get a few system sellers under its belt before we attack the poor thing. A jailbreak would be both sad and all too tempting for someone like me who just got a PS5 and jailbroke their PS4 soon after.

So, my stance is let current gen consoles live a while before exploiting them. Because that's how companies like Sony get stubborn and release hardware revisions or portable devices that don't let you take out the battery.

On the other hand, I'm in favor of a jailbreak just to say F you to Sony (and publishers) for raising game prices to $70.

There is only a small number of exploitable PS5s out there but hopefully the most talented homebrew developers have one. Getting to know the console could be helpful for further exploits.

The exploits are already fixed (actually it was the Firmware Update that led to the knowledge of the exploit), so why hold it back ?

I don't see the issue with it. on Twitter people are complaining about having to use a flash drive on the ps4... lazy much? So a lot of them have been updated. The average user even when getting a new ps5 will connect to the internet on 1st setup and it will update anyway.

Plus the ps5... settings default to auto-update. The average user will not make any of those changes.

the less than 0.1 percent of ps5 owners that stay on a lower firmware will not affect anything. Get started with it early so it will be further along than the ps4 is now.

I think it should be released and up to the console owner to exploit it or not. For me I’d probably wait a bit to see what’s possible and what’s not. Will PSVR2 even detect a connection on 4.03? Back porting would be amazing if the new hardware still works with expired firmware but knowing them this could be a reason I wouldn’t do it.

Exploiting the PS5 is not a bad idea. The possibilities for those who want to tamper are there and you can do a lot more with the console than just use it for PS5 releases. I've always been im favour of backward compatability as some old titles are gold but having multiple consoles kept and plugged in is not practical for the average user.

I enjoy the exploited ps4 for in game cheats to mess around and the ability to dump and not need the disc. Using the flash drive to exploit is a wall in the park and success is incredible đź‘Ź!!

I don't have a PS5 as there is so many titles still to play.

If they release the exploit for the PS5, enjoy the possibilities an even better console can offer

Given the GPU prices it's the perfect time for PS5 JB. You just install Linux on that thing and can play your Steam games like there's no tomorrow.

With current GPU shortages you can't get a comparable PC spec-wise at even twice the price. People say that it's hard to get a PS5 but you can at least get it from scalpers who take what? 25%-50% extra? Med-to-High end GPUs from scalpers are like 3 times more expensive than MSRP in my country. It's near impossible to get RTX 3000 series here.

I have my PS5 on 4.0 FW hoping it gets a JB soon so I can wait the shortages out. Hopefully things will improve next year or so.

I think jailbreak the PS5 now is not a good choice, we should wait for more new PS5 games is sold and then we jailbreak it. Almost all the PS5 game can play in PS4 console and it's meaningless to jailbreak PS5 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back