Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.

Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

• Hell no, bring it on already!

Votes: 1,200 54.5%
  • Yes, many can't get a PS5 yet!

Votes: 1,002 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the PlayStation 5 Scene saw a PS5 WebKit Vulnerability alongside implementation of a PS5 Userland Exploit for 4.03 PS5 Firmware, which was followed by PS5 Debug Settings & Root Keys Obtained with scene developer @Mathieulh openly stating on Twitter that "Kernel execution has been achieved since week 1" around when the AMD Server Vulnerabilities were disclosed as @zezu420 (aka Znullptr) confirmed the pOOBs4 ExFAT Bug also affects PS5 while BTC Donations set up allowed the lead developer to get a PlayStation 5 console to fully implement the KeXploit on... exemplified by today's PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String image below from Znullptr (aka dmiller423) on Twitter! 🥳

:idea: Those who would like to support his continued development work may do so via BTC Donations, GoFundMe, becoming a Github Sponsor or Patreon. :lovewins:

:alert: Before collectors of PS5 Game Dumps in the PS5Scene get too excited, there's currently no ETA for a public PS5 Kernel Exploit release... but at least knowing it works on 4.03 and below may help those considering updating to Sony's current 4.50 PS5 Firmware make a wise decision not to update for the time being. ;)

:poll: Be sure to vote in our current Site Poll: Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

Finally, we'll keep the PlayStation 5 (PS5) Jailbreak Status page updated as things progress with some related articles (sorted by date, with the oldest first) and Tweets below:
Code:
r179926/releases/04.03 Oct 13 2021 08:48:08
PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String by Znullptr, No ETA for PS5 Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

my personal opinion: I think it's too early for a ps5 exploit since the ps4 does not yet have a lot of homebrew it risks making all homebrew creators switch to ps5 for development and forget the ps4 and personally its me scares 😔😔😔

some people asking if ps4 fpkgs will work on ps5: I transferred ghost of tsushima disc game from ps4 9.00 jb to my ps5 3.21. before I could play the game it needed to download some kind of ps4 to ps5 patch (not version patch, couple of gb in size) before I could play it.

so I doubt that any existing fpkg will work on ps5 because you you cant patch fpkgs with original pkg patches. every ps4 game would need to be redumped from ps5 to work on ps5 imo.

@mehdi6890 I can't give ya 100% but just look at the consoles history that should give you a pretty good indication

also not to sure about your console in shipping container but if I had a guess it probably with 4.03 as 4.50 came out at beginning of December so you might be in luck

Game consoles back to the NES are still getting homebrew, mods, and support in some shape or form. Even older consoles are getting graphics mod, games ported or created that was not possible at the time. It's about flexibility and sometimes a little showboating. A powerhouse like the ps4 will not get left behind anytime soon.

And having similar software configurations somebody will find a way to have a ps4fpkg to ps5fpkg or a repository of updates modified or specific to whatever app or game you are trying to run...

The ps4 has been Jailbroken since 1.76. So since 2015 with failoverflow and likely before then. Even now most of the current homebrew are from Devs who update their software to work with newer kexs. A scene for a system needs to start early as this may attract more devs... such as the ones who left the ps4 behind years ago. New hardware excites some because it is a new challenge.

So what you’re telling me is I shouldn’t have updated. Damn. I wish PS5s could easily be bought so I could keep one in a closet and still play the one that’s updated.

I am excited. I have a PS5 of FW 2.30. I planned to get two but decided to against it because it wasn't worth. One is good enough and I cannot care about an online at all. The online is worthless and a waste. Cant wait! Patience is a virtue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back