Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.

Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

• Hell no, bring it on already!

Votes: 1,200 54.5%
  • Yes, many can't get a PS5 yet!

Votes: 1,002 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the PlayStation 5 Scene saw a PS5 WebKit Vulnerability alongside implementation of a PS5 Userland Exploit for 4.03 PS5 Firmware, which was followed by PS5 Debug Settings & Root Keys Obtained with scene developer @Mathieulh openly stating on Twitter that "Kernel execution has been achieved since week 1" around when the AMD Server Vulnerabilities were disclosed as @zezu420 (aka Znullptr) confirmed the pOOBs4 ExFAT Bug also affects PS5 while BTC Donations set up allowed the lead developer to get a PlayStation 5 console to fully implement the KeXploit on... exemplified by today's PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String image below from Znullptr (aka dmiller423) on Twitter! 🥳

:idea: Those who would like to support his continued development work may do so via BTC Donations, GoFundMe, becoming a Github Sponsor or Patreon. :lovewins:

:alert: Before collectors of PS5 Game Dumps in the PS5Scene get too excited, there's currently no ETA for a public PS5 Kernel Exploit release... but at least knowing it works on 4.03 and below may help those considering updating to Sony's current 4.50 PS5 Firmware make a wise decision not to update for the time being. ;)

:poll: Be sure to vote in our current Site Poll: Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

Finally, we'll keep the PlayStation 5 (PS5) Jailbreak Status page updated as things progress with some related articles (sorted by date, with the oldest first) and Tweets below:
Code:
r179926/releases/04.03 Oct 13 2021 08:48:08
PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String by Znullptr, No ETA for PS5 Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

@Jamesyuan Wait as long as you want, but new games will not work because this vulnerability has been closed. There's no use in waiting.

@blood88
Exactly i think over half of the votes against are people thinking that this exploit can be saved for later, or don't have a ps5 so they said screw everyone who does.

Also some people use it for more than just PlayStation games. Linux with drivers would be a beast on this system and cheap compared to buying a PC or graphics card alone.

@blood88
A lot more than that. Especially with emulators. There is a WiiU and Switch emulator that runs on linux.

Anything else below that will run well. add steam library. game pass. Xbox gamepass on Ps5 lol

It makes sense to release a JB as its already known and patched. Thats if someone can turn the vulnerability in to something useful.

Developers who have managed to get a PS5 could at least use a full exploit to start experimenting and creating tools which in turn will help other developers and users later down the line.

Please just read my comment: For those who want to vote to "not release": So for you not gonna change nothing. The vulnerability is already patched. Kept it in private NOT CAUSE to having more games in the future and NOT CAUSE to having an exploit on higher version.

Instead if you vote for release then there will be a base and on that base all developers could work on and find more new exploits for higher firmwares in the future. For example if you planned to get a ps5 in the future, maybe when shortage finish, then will be much more probability for having an exploit on higher firmware when you gonna buy one.

But if the 4.03 not release just now then nobody could work on and maybe the exploit of higher firmware there won't. So if you want to vote for "not release" please think about enough. And thinking please just consider all the persons who waiting impatiently for the exploit more than one year.

Consider all the persons that have a digital version waiting for the exploit while they can do NOTHING with own device. This is not justice.

I saw this news and turned on the jets. I have had no luck on any retail sites, so I camped out online for a couple days and managed to snag a brand new digital at near msrp of 400 even. I would estimate that a new ps5 listing dropped every few minutes during that time.

Every listing of $600 or less sold in less than a minute, but i was trying to hold out for *ONLY* <$150 over msrp. We'll see in a few days. If it does come in true, it won't break my heart if this jb is kept under wraps for now as I still have my pro; however, it'd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back