Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.

Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

• Hell no, bring it on already!

Votes: 1,200 54.5%
  • Yes, many can't get a PS5 yet!

Votes: 1,002 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the PlayStation 5 Scene saw a PS5 WebKit Vulnerability alongside implementation of a PS5 Userland Exploit for 4.03 PS5 Firmware, which was followed by PS5 Debug Settings & Root Keys Obtained with scene developer @Mathieulh openly stating on Twitter that "Kernel execution has been achieved since week 1" around when the AMD Server Vulnerabilities were disclosed as @zezu420 (aka Znullptr) confirmed the pOOBs4 ExFAT Bug also affects PS5 while BTC Donations set up allowed the lead developer to get a PlayStation 5 console to fully implement the KeXploit on... exemplified by today's PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String image below from Znullptr (aka dmiller423) on Twitter! 🥳

:idea: Those who would like to support his continued development work may do so via BTC Donations, GoFundMe, becoming a Github Sponsor or Patreon. :lovewins:

:alert: Before collectors of PS5 Game Dumps in the PS5Scene get too excited, there's currently no ETA for a public PS5 Kernel Exploit release... but at least knowing it works on 4.03 and below may help those considering updating to Sony's current 4.50 PS5 Firmware make a wise decision not to update for the time being. ;)

:poll: Be sure to vote in our current Site Poll: Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

Finally, we'll keep the PlayStation 5 (PS5) Jailbreak Status page updated as things progress with some related articles (sorted by date, with the oldest first) and Tweets below:
Code:
r179926/releases/04.03 Oct 13 2021 08:48:08
PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String by Znullptr, No ETA for PS5 Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

@ysfex3
This was a bug bounty jailbreak it was already patched. There is no keeping under wraps. I think a lot of people don't understand that. Especially the ones who keeps voting to not release and their reasoning is wait until a later firmware smh

I can only imagine what the devs have to deal with. and we appreciate you devs for your work.

Game dumpers probably need an exploit before they can dump working games, so will come after.

The only reason I can think of not releasing a full exploit publicly is if the security bypass methods used can be patched in any way with an upgrade. I don't know enough about PS4 exploiting to know if things like heap spraying or similar techniques are used or hardened against but its that kind of bypass im thinking of.

Znullptr, Excellent work. Thank You!!

People complaining, no is not early to release a 4.03 PS5 JB. I know a lot of you doesn't own a PS5 yet, but the exploit has been patched on a higher firmware and makes not sense to hold it.

Sooner or later they are going to figure out how to get all things working again on higher firmware as before they did.

Be patient, and be grateful about the developers and all people involved on this job. it's not really easy and they are getting no money in return. Thank You!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back