Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 3, 2023 at 7:10 PM       46      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend PS4 Scene developer @CelesteBlue announced on Twitter news of a PSFree WebKit Exploit for PS4 6.00 to 9.60 crediting Sergei Glazunov and Maddie Stone (Twitter) of Project Zero for discovering the vulnerability, anonymous for writing the PSFree Exploit and himself for testing, porting and improvements alongside a QuickHEN PS4 collection incoming of WebKit exploits for PlayStation 4 System Software versions between 3.15 and 9.60 with Kernel exploits between 3.15 and 9.00 only albeit requiring more work. 🔥

Download: psfree-1.2.0.zip (39.93 KB) / GIT / PSFree Exploit (Live Demo) via @zecoxao on Twitter / psfree-beta2.7z (16.34 KB) via abc for 8.0x / psfree-beta3.7z (24.60 KB) via abc / PSFree Beta 3 Version (Live Demo) via Kameleonre_ / psfree-1.3.0.7z (30.30 KB) via abc / psfree-beta-140.7z (37.05 KB) via abc / PS5 Kernel Exploit 3.xx-4.xx (PSFree Integrated Live Demo) / PS5 Exploit Host via idlesauce / PSFree900-main.zip / PSFree900 GIT / PSFree 9.00 FW (Live Demo) via Kameleonre_ / 9.00 FW PSFree with GoldHEN (Live Demo) via ps3120 / 6.72 FW PSFree with GoldHEN via ps3120 / psfree-beta3-140.7z (37.92 KB) via abc / psfree-beta4-140.7z (37.93 KB) via abc / psfree700-main.zip (36.1 KB) / PSFree 7.02 FW via Kameleonre_
This comes proceeding the PS4 NoBD: BD Driveless Updating & No BD Updater Payloads / PS4 NoBD Toolkit, HDD_Script.py to Retrieve Data from Any PS4 Console via SFlash Dump, PS4 CR0.WP Protection Kernel Security Bypass and pOOBs4: PS4 9.00 Jailbreak Exploit via ChendoChap with Updated Payloads previously released.

Here's further details from the included README.txt: PSFree version 1.2.0

PSFree is a WebKit exploit using CVE-2022-22620 to gain arbitrary read/write.

This exploit was initially for the PS4 firmware version 8.03. CelesteBlue has tested and confirmed that the original works on 7.00-8.52 and helped in making the patches for 6.00-6.72, 9.00-9.60, and PS5 1.00-5.50.

CREDITS:
  • CelesteBlue from ps4-dev on discord.com for testing and porting to other firmwares
  • Quentin Meffre (0xdagger) and Mehdi Talbi (abu_y0ussef) for the 6.xx buildBubbleTree() UaF exploit that served as the framework for this exploit
  • Maddie Stone for the CVE writeup
Notes on reimplementing this project and testing on firmwares != 8.03:
  • num_reuse and num_str must be changed if the proof-of-concept is failing
  • 6.xx firmwares need a setTimeout() after a gc() for garbage collection to work. The duration may also need changing.
These values are at exploit.mjs. This implementation was tested on 8.03.

The values are implementation dependent. Even if you are on the same firmware and you test 2 different implementations, you may need to change the values.

For example, if you reimplement the project with setTimeout() callbacks instead of using Promises, even if you are on 8.03, you may need different values.

Changelog:

1.2.0:

• add support for PS4 6.00-6.20
1.1.0:
  • add support for running ROP chains (PS4 8.03)
  • add support for calling syscalls (PS4 8.03)
1.0.0 changelog:
  • add proof-of-concept code to gain arbitrary read/write (PS4 6.50-9.60/PS5 1.00-5.50)
OLD README:

PSFree is a WebKit exploit using CVE-2022-22620 to gain arbitrary read/write.

This exploit is for the PS4 firmware version 8.03

Porting to other firmware versions:

The only non-portable parts of the exploit (assuming the firmware is vulnerable) are:

1. the size of SerializedScriptValue and the offsets of its fields
2. how to achieve an arbitrary decrement primitive

There also other objects used by this exploit such as StringImpl. They too are also subject to change between different firmware versions but are very stable hence why we did not list them.

Number 2 is used to corrupt the length of the JSArrayBufferView. This exploit manipulated the destructor ~SerializedScriptValue() to achieve the wanted result.

There is possibly a restricted free primitive via repeatedly corrupting any object that gets allocated at a JSArrayBufferView and changing its contents so that is frees another object.

For example you could modify a StringImpl to have its data pointer point to a target address and set its BufferOwnership to BufferOwned and have it destroyed.

The primitive is restricted as you can only fastFree() addresses known by the fastMalloc allocator. This means an address on the fastMalloc heap, regardless of whether it is free or not.

This means you can recreate any previous fastMalloc use-after-free exploit.

Spoiler: Related Tweets
PSFree WebKit Exploit for PS4 6.00 to 9.60 & QuickHEN PS4 Incoming.png

Comments

A fast, stable 9.00 kex would be terrific. There are times I would play PS4 but don't feel like messing with USB or the time needed to get it going. It's not bad at all but the thought of doing it and maybe failing a few times before it works will make me to something else. I don't play enough to justify leaving in standby and while I LOVE the ability to exploit 9.00 as is, I'd play more if it was a quick press of a button or two.

It's not even laziness as much as preferring the simplicity of 5.05. If they deliver a quick button press kex again I'd use my PS4 more than I do as I don't even have a PS5 due to no real interest in it yet.

I hope it's as easy as it appears it may be!

@Master B I believe you would still need to use the usb, WebkitKit exploit is just the entry point, you still need the kernel exploit (which is what uses the usb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back