Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 18, 2019 at 1:29 AM       21      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Spider-Man PS4 Models & Textures Tool and IG PS4 Modding Tools, this weekend RDR2 modder @jedijosh920 (Web site / Twitter) shared on his YouTube Channel some demonstration videos of Red Dead Redemption 2 player model swap modding as a bear, an Aberdeen pig farmer, original John Marston in Epilogue and most recently as birds. 🦅 🦜

According to the video comments, for swapping RDR2 models he's using his own tool and not planning to release it... while others have suggested the mods may be done using a director mode, Rockstar editor, PS4 Save Wizard or Testkit mod menus. :unsure:

:idea: If anyone has more information on these RDR2 mods let us know in the comments below, or perhaps drop by JediJosh920's Discord Channel to further inquire about them if you wish.

Playing as a Bear in Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playing as a Bear (RDR2 Mods)

One of the first player model swap modding videos for Red Dead Redemption 2 mods where I play as a bear animal!

Playing as Aberdeen Pig Farmer (Red Dead Redemption 2 Mod)

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playing as Aberdeen Pig Farmer (RDR2 Mods)

Another Red Dead Redemption 2 player model swap modding video for Red Dead Redemption 2 mods where I play as the fat Aberdeen pig farmer and visit the Aberdeen Pig Farm.

Playing as Original John Marston in Epilogue (Red Dead Redemption 2 Mod)

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playing as the real NPC John Marston with his original hairstyle in Epilogue (RDR2 Mods)

Playing as Birds in Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playing as different birds and flying around the map (RDR2 Mods)

Another player model swap modding videos for Red Dead Redemption 2 mods where I fly around as various different birds such as an eagle, vulture, songbird and parrot scarlet macaws around the RDR2 map, especially visiting Saint Denis, New Austin, Guarma, and Mexico which might be in a singleplayer DLC for RDR2.

It feels like the "Peyote Plants" and "Director Mode" from Grand Theft Auto V! I hope they add them in a future update for Red Dead Redemption 2 or in Red Dead Online summer update or Red Dead Redemption 2 PC.

Swap Characters (New Features) RDR2 Save Editor (Red Dead Redemption 2) PS4 via RF0oDxM0Dz
Also making rounds on Twitter this weekend: :fire:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Modding Demos by RDR2 Modder JediJosh920.jpg

Comments

MasterTurkey for a guy who complains about others wanting games you have no problem taking games for the Vita, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

I am confused as well. How is he running and modding RDR2? As far as I know, the game demands a higher system version that 5.05.

Is this forum theme ever going to get updated again? The colors and theme do not work. Will there ever be a dark theme? I find it hard to believe anyone likes this recent change. What am I missing? Do people like this? Can we vote for a change to this eye burning design?

Probably not soon, unlike other scene sites still on 1.5 we're on the very latest Xenforo 2 version available and their stock theme is white.

If time permits over the winter I may work on porting all the backend code to a darker style, but then it requires maintaining multiple styles every time there are code changes or XF2 / XenPorta 2 updates which can get quite time-consuming unfortunately.

There may be browser scripts like Greasemonkey that allow you to customize the appearance to your liking, but overall I'm fine with what the XF2 creators determined is the best default look for the masses. ;)

Guys, don't you read? This is not an RDRII on a jailbroken console but a locked console, with official game only having its save game edited via savewizard.

Pay more attention before posting meaningless things, of course I'm not generalizing.

IIRC RDR2 save have a area where it tells what model the player is, IE. "player_model=X" or something very similar so this could easily replaced with save wizard so i am going to answer some questions.

Q: How was this done?
A: save wizard or something very similar

Q: I though RDR2 requires 5.05+?
A: it does this was done via save wizard or something similar

Q: Does this mean 5.50+ has an exploit public?
A: NO This was done via save wizard or something similar that means it can be done one any firmware

Q: Does this mean custom models will be coming?
A: no that requires a jailbreak to look at existing models (game dump) and try to copy them to make custom ones work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back