Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this month developer @KIWIDOGGIE revealed on Twitter that unlike PS4 the PS5 utilizes (3) stages of security: Webkit (Userland), Kernel level and some additional memory (Hypervisor codenamed Hylonome / VM) protections... while over the weekend developer @zezu420 (aka Znullptr on Twitter) confirmed, "there are going to be more levels of 'jailbreak' for PS5 than for PS4" stating that, "others are working on it as well and maybe there will be disclosure 'soon'." :love:

Since the PS5 Root Keys Were Obtained privately, a PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String alongside PS5 Webkit Execution: 4.03 ROP Userland Exploitation was publicly released in the PlayStation 5 Scene with developer Znullptr noting, "That is the firmware I tested the exploit on, others are vulnerable" referring to 4.03 PS5 OFW (3.20 now included also) as Sony just pushed live 5.00 PS5 OFW last week. :unsure:

Security Engineer @CTurt also dropped some unspecific hints via Twitter in recent months pertaining to his HackerOne PlayStation Bounties, with the related Tweets included HERE for those who missed them. :ninja:

In addition to adding PS5 support to a PS4 emulator called PSUV (additional projects at EmuDev.org), speaking on PS4 exploits, the ETA WEN crowd and related frustrations developer Znullptr makes a valid point stating, "everyone is still all about 9.03 even tho 9.00 was just released covering 99% of machines in existence" referring to the pOOBs4 Jailbreak Exploit that hit the PlayStation 4 Scene only a few months ago. o_O

<3 Being tired of contracting and bounties, Znullptr (aka dmiller423 on Github) is currently seeking donations for hardware and further testing... those interested in lending a hand can do so directly to David Miller via:
Below are the related Tweets, and always verify the information matches prior to donating in order to avoid potential scammers:

Spoiler: Related Tweets
Znullptr on PS4 PS5 Jailbreak Exploit Development, Seeking Donations.png

Comments

@jamesblond007
If sony paid out that amount it must've been something massive that will never see the light of day. As most kernel exploits are usually submitted while the dev are on active PSN firmware and they usually only get between 5k and 10k (have to demonstrate to get paid).

He was paid out 20k so must've been a big flaw dealing with not only the network but also the integrity of the PS5. Ima guess he found a flaw in the bootloader, a bannerbomb style exploit (yeah Wii days) or a NVME exploit (which makes sense as after Z starts to discuss it a bounty is made).

All speculation mind you.

@MoneyT20
You might be right. 20k should be something massive. What if it is similar to nintendo switch too, something that couldn't be patched by a software update. But that could also mean it will never be disclosed :(

woot that sounds like a direct hit, sunk sonys battle ship, hopefully it'll get disclosed soon.

buuuut i doubt something that big will get disclosed anytime soon, however if it does staying on the lowest firmware possible increases your chances of maybe being able to utilize said exploit. here's to hoping..

Any chance someone with knowledge could answer my question on post #31, pretty please?

I need to know if it is worth it for me to wait for a jailbreak or update my console, so I can play online.

I've no knowledge but id say PSN access, of the bat is doubtful anytime soon, on a jailbroken PS4 or PS5. You either have a PS4/5 on jailbroken firmware without PSN or a PlayStation 4/5 that cant run exploits but can run PSN on most recent firmware.

Also theflow0 strikes again.. This guy is doing well according to HackerOne he has another exploit making his total in the last 4 months bounty $40.000.00, last exploit closed 1hr ago. Hopefully he will request disclosure & it will benefit the end user.

With talent like that who needs a day job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back