Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Lidor Baum
the simple answer is YES, you will have the 100 GB free again in your INT HDD.

@jacobsson
any game you want it to be in your EXT HDD, it must be first installed in your PS4, then you use the AppToUSB payload to copy and link your game to EXT HDD. I didn't use the latest ver of the payload so i don't know about the games updates.

@stooged I’m having issues of very slow transfer speeds (using the latest v11).

While trying to copy, initially it copied a few pkgs quickly, but now it seems to have slowed down considerably. One of the pkgs ~40gb has been transferring for over 4hrs now and its only reached 80%.

Any idea what could be the reason? It’s a USB3 HDD connected to the front left port of a PS4 Pro.

@MeTheKing
Thank for you reply. What I'm getting at is this, let's say I have 4TB of games installed with this app on an external drive, then for some reason my internal drive get corrupted/re-initialized , would my symlinks be able to be regenerated in a couple of seconds/minutes instead installing every PKG-file from root of USB again?

If this is possible to just regenerate the links then I really see an extreme benefit of this tool since you don't need to loose hours of work if you change/corrupt your internal hard drive.

@Tanmay007

for some reason the ps4 does not always initialize the usb hdd in usb3 mode and it transfers very slow.
in my tests you should be able to transfer 40gb in about 10 to 15 mins.

I find when the ps4 does this I close the browser and go into something else like notifications then unplug usb hdd for a few seconds and reconnect it and run payload again.

@jacobsson

no, because if you format your internal hdd you will lose all the other data and licenses/entitlements that are required to run the game.

you would have to install all the games again to the internal hdd to setup the rif,database,meta etc for each game and then run apptousb again.

if all of the games are still in the usb:\PS4\CUSAXXXXX directories on the usb still it will relink the app.pkg file without transferring them so it would only take a few seconds for each game.

@stooged Thanks very much for the clarification!
At least the RAP/RIF (if they could be separated from the PKG) could probably be able to be installed as batch job of PKGs. Maybe that's not enough since you mentioned DB and metadata too.

Just so know, this is not at all criticism of your w/o a doubt great work, I just looking for pros and cons when crap hit the fan. With more knowledge of restoring metadata, maybe this would be the safest way to store a massive library of games.

I have looked at trying to move all of the game data to the usb hdd but the system fails to reboot and wants a reinitialize and all sorts of other issues.

some things you can tamper with and others the system refuses to allow.

there is a way to install the game direct to usb through the package installer without the need to run apptousb but it needs 2 kernel functions (syscalls) hooked and replaced and I'm not that good with locating them in the memory so that's a long shot for me.

@stooged That's great news! So if someone who's more oriented in the kernel syscall -part of things, this person could help/contribute to your work.

Any chance you would post an issue for this on your github page with a little more information regarding your findings so far? This tool looks to be the absolute goto-tool in the future!

@stooged I tried different ports and also removing and re-inserting but it's still too slow. I guess I'll have to do it manually via PC. :(

Anyone else with a WD 4tb my passport facing this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back