Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@stooged

I come to inform you that in some models of PS4 (specifically the PS4 Slim of the Grand Tourism bundle) for some reason that I do not know in 4.55 connect to the port where I connect the external HDD, I always put it in the "usb1" folder and if I connect a second external HDD I mounted it in "usb2", never use the "usb0", I do not know if it is because for some reason it has been damaged or what happens but never mounts it in "usb0". The issue is that when you run your payload moves the games to a virtual directory "usb0" that is still in the internal HDD and therefore is not doing anything "useful", could you make a version that somehow solve this?

For example, you could have it detect if in "usb0/PS4/" the .ini is found and if it does not detect it try it with "usb1/PS4/" to see if there is the .ini?

EDIT:
Well it seems that I solved it, the hard disk had a partition of the hidden system of MacOS, once erased with linux has worked, sorry for the inconvenience, but I leave the previous message also as a possible solution to future users.

@fabrebatalla18

on 4.55 the selected usb0 / usb1 /usb2 is done by mount allocation in the ps4 firmware and not which usb port you plug the hdd into.

but it is handy to know that 2 partitions on the hdd caused the ps4 firmware to mount the drive as usb1 and not usb0.

if it does become a problem in the future I can just port the 4.05 usb detect method over to the 4.55 payload because it looks for the usb:/PS4/ directory.

@tylerc80

if you delete a game from the ps4 while the usb hdd is plugged in the game will be deleted from the usb hdd.
you can also plug the hdd into your pc and manage the files.

Hey @stooged , thanks for your work. i don't have how to check it right now, and can't find an absolute answer for that. If I am using this payload, it will remove the files from the internal HDD? Or it just copy them to the external and "linking" the app to the external?

For example - I have 100gb free in internal, installing bf1 - 40 gb, see there is 60gb free now on internal, using the app2usb payload and then it becomes again 100gb free?
Thanks in advance.

@stooged
I'm considering moving/re-installing my games to USB. One thing I haven't understood quite yet:

is if it possible to rebuild my links if re-initialize my HHD, or do I have to install every PKG from the beginning?

Games with updates, do they have to be dumped to one PKG-file in order to use an external drive?

@stooged
I think something has done wrong in V10 (4.55), I read many messages in various forums where they are failing that version and have to use V9 again, could you check the code to see if there are any bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back