Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

I agree. Of course, having 239tb hdd and 8643 games installed is great, but when i finish game, i delete it. On external drive i have installation, so if i want to play that game again, it's a few minutes job to reinstall it.

Yes i have another drive ready to replace my 500gb internal, but still didn't do it, lack of time and real need to do this.

One game that i play to finish, plus few games for occasional playing, 500gb work just fine

@Koh23 it's great that for u it's enough, but it'd be wrong to say that u need to be settled with it, in my opinion at least.
u need it to be great for u that's it.

i'm not even a gamer anymore, as i used to be, but still when i want to play a game i don't feel like installing it, probably lost saves or unlocked characters, or even to mess with it at all.
and it's fun collecting the games u like in general, the ability to play them when u want, freely, without the worry about "how much gb is left i wonder...".

if i was 8 years old 1tb would probably be enough for me, as i'd only play the lego games anyway, even 500gb would... but everyone has his own desires, and games are meant to fill those desires to u not to block it right.

there seems to be some confusion with the drive space here so lets try to clear that up a bit.

here I used a totally empty ps4 and a 20gb pkg.

first up is what you expect to see an empty ps4 take note of the red circles.

beforeinstall.jpg

now the 20gb app gets installed and what you would expect to see is 20gb of usage in the applications and the drive capacity in the top circle and the remaining free space in the bottom circle.

afterinstall.jpg

take notice of how the capacity jumped to 861.5gb without any modification to the game install.

now apptousb is run and the package is moved and linked and heres where people are getting confused

afterapptousb.jpg

you will notice before the app was installed the free space was 861gb and after the app was installed it was 840gb and once apptousb was run its back at 861gb because the 20gb package is no longer on the hard drive.

but take notice of the top circle that's the drive capacity and it has increased now you are thinking wtf?
how can that be.

well... its simple the ps4 is counting the linked pkg files as data on its internal drive because its storage calculation function is blind to the symlink so its making a calculation of real free space on the hdd and apps installed and because we have 20gb of apps but 861gb of free space its showing the capacity as more.

this is all a visual thing what matters is the free space which remained at 861gb

you can keep installing apps until the free space runs out and that's where the ps4 will give an error about not enough space.
so if you keep pushing the pkg files to the usb the capacity will go up but the important part free space will remain the same

I hope this helps to clear up some of the confusion.

love this, now all my backup pkgs can be installed ready to use and if the ps4 takes a nasty turn i still have my pkgs, what we need now is the backup payload scans and backs up the symlinks along with Db and saves

ok I have made some changes to how it works for 4.55

AppToUsb_455_v4.zip

.js version
usb_455_apptousb_v4.zip

first I will start with the usb mount.
on 4.55 the usb mounting system seems to not be related to the physical port but a first come first serve type method so the first hdd plugged into any port is USB0 and the second is USB1 unlike 4.05 where the mount points where locked to the physical port.
on my slim 4.05 it is anyway.

so I have locked the app to only be able to use USB0 on 4.55,this just means its the first hdd you plug in and really its going to be connected all the time so its pretty much always going to be USB0 and that's why I locked the payload to USB0

also as requested I added the flag MODE_MOVE to the ini so if you put that into the ini it will turn the list into a list of titles to move to usb and not ignore them which is its default setting.
Code:
To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3
the 4.05 will remain the same with the usb mounts, you will have to choose a port and stick with it.
I have to update the 4.05 one now so check back later for that

@CelesteBlue say: Here I just saw that it does not give the source code it is really disrespectful.

At the legal level, on my github I put a GPLv3 license so whoever uses, modifies the source code and the sharing has to give its source code.

https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/ps4-pkg2usb/blob/master/LICENSE

I quote:

Terms and Conditions
License and copyright notice
State changes
Disclose source
Same license

Now you understand the problem of the PS4 scene.

@stooged Can you share source code you have modified ?

ok I updated the 4.05 payload to check all 8 usb mounts as the pspro has more than 2 ports.
I forgot to enable the warning messages on the 4.55 payload so I recompiled that and pushed both versions to v5

payload.bin
AppToUsb_455_v5.zip
payload.bin
AppToUsb_405_v5.zip

.Js Version
usb_455_apptousb_v5.zip
.Js Version
usb_405_apptousb_v5.zip

source code for both versions
AppToUsb_Source.zip

both payloads use the same list method
Code:
To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back