Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 20, 2019 at 1:02 AM       4,447       23            
Since the PSXITArch Linux v2 Guide, Spine PS4 Emulator for Linux Demo, CECPS4 Linux Scripts and PS4 Gentoo Linux development updates support for the Baikal chip was recently added to the PlayStation 4 Linux Loader by Valeery... which according to PSXITA should help those who have experienced the 'infamous white LED' no video signal issue. šŸ§

Download: BaikalPS4.zip (5.5 MB - bzImage + ps4linuxloader + index.html via mircoho)

From his Tweet below, to quote: Very talented guy Valeery added the support to SOC Baikal.

You can get the source code here:
If you have a PS4 with the you should definitely try this.

Overclocking PS4Linux. Test on Fedora 31.
Baikal Support Added to PlayStation 4 Linux Loader by Valeery.jpg

Comments

tonyyoyo

Contributor
This is massive news! For years, when I tried to load Linux, I would get no signal. I don't just mean a black screen, no; I mean absolutely zilch. Nothing was coming through the cable. As of today, I finally have light.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
There's an installation guide HERE (CTRL+F for Install) and in place of those files use the bzImage etc from this thread for Baikal support.

mrtwinky

Contributor
I was wondering, I've been trying to connect a external mic to make it work psxitarch v2 and it showed no input at all. I tried a snowball ice an a razer seiren x, both show no input, is there anyway to make them work?

tonyyoyo

Contributor
Please report your experiences. I'm having trouble with WiFi and Ethernet. I tried to use a USB WiFi dongle, but it's hard to install the firmware packages offline because of all the dependencies.

Recent Articles
Microsoft Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020, Power Your Dreams!
Formerly known under the codename Project Scarlett, today Microsoft officially announced their Xbox Series X next-generation console at The Game Awards scheduled to launch alongside Sony's...
Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Bring on the Next-Gen PlayStation 5 Scene!
Like many when first seeing this, I did a double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing a PS5 game trailer... lo and behold it actually is a PlayStation 5 game trailer for the upcoming...
Latest PSN Flash Sale Offers Up to Half Off The Game Awards Nominees
Sony's latest PlayStation Store Flash Sale is here offering up to 50% off select PSN titles including both past and present nominees and winners of The Game Awards featuring A Plague Tale...
Ghost of Tsushima Hits PlayStation 4 Summer 2020, PS4 Trailer Video
Samurai fans can set aside traditions and forge a new path of the Ghost as you embark on a vast open-world adventure and wage an unconventional war for freedom in Ghost of Tsushima, which hits...