Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently @stooged lent a hand sharing both details with source code on Backing Up and Restoring the PS4 Database, and he followed up with a handy DbBackup.bin Payload compiled for PS4 4.05 OFW users to backup their PlayStation 4 database to a USB Drive alongside one for dumping save data below. :love:

Download: DbBackup.zip / Source Code / DB_SG_Backup.zip (8.79 KB - dumps save data into a folder called GameSaves) / DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip (8.27 KB - Dumps All User Accounts) / DB_SG_Backup3.zip (8.82 KB - Adds Notification Messages from 2much4u) / DB_Backup_455.zip (Updated for 4.55) / usb_455_db_backup.zip (0.02 MB) / Cache-Install: ApplicationCache.db / DB_SG_Backup-50X (Latest) / GIT

To quote from his recent post with usage instructions:

just put a usb stick/drive into the usb port and run the DbBackup.bin payload

it will save the addcont.db and app.db files inside a folder called DB_Dackup on the usb drive.

if you do not use a usb stick/drive it will backup the database into the /system_data/priv/mms/ folder on the ps4 and it will be called app.db_backup.

to restore the db just ftp into the /system_data/priv/mms/ directory and upload your backup copy.

credit to @XVortex for the neat way to check which usb port has the drive in it in their ps4dumper source, I tried a few other things with no decent result but @XVortex had a simple method to do the trick :)
DbBackup.bin Payload Backup PS4 Database to USB Drive by Stooged.jpg

Comments

@peacenes well obviously if you backed up your app.db inside your ps4, you don't have to "upload" it like the instructions say. It's for those who backed up their database to an ext hdd.

So in case you backed up your db internally, then you will find it exactly where it says, /system_data/priv/mms/ all you have to do is rename the file from app.db_backup to app.db if you need to restore it in the future.

@AlexKidd123 it happened to me before on 4.05 unfortunately I had to re-initialize my ps4 and couldn't recover anything. Hopefully one of the experts here would be able to help you out.

Like in which slot to put USB, how large must it be?

After you done a rebuild of your PS4, did you ftp those 2 files in here /system_data/priv/mms/ or did you ftp this whole folder DB_Backup, containing the two folders? I mean is the path:

/system_data/priv/mms/DB_Backup (and in there are the two files addcont.db and app.db)
or
/system_data/priv/mms/ in it the two files addcont.db and app.db

And after all that I just need to restart the PS4?

@edrix2004 OK thanks for the reply... to sum, if it's on internet, i rename the file app.db_backup to app.db via ftp, and just restart the PS4, and it should restore the database? After its done, should i rename the app.db back to app.db_backup, to prevent it from restoring on every restart?

And could clarify my question above about the right path if it's on USB? what size must the USB have? does the usb slot matter on the ps4?

Doesn't matter which slot you put the USB in, the package will always use the first USB storage device available. The backup sizes can vary depending on number of saves you have, I'll recommend a min of 8gb free space.

Once the backups are saved to ext hdd, connect it to your PC and browse them, the file names by default will be same as on PS4 so all you need to do is replace the corresponding files at /system_data/priv/mms/

Hey guys ! I have a really strange problem. Whole process is super smooth, i see my external (7tb) is working - clinking light, event the success message is displayed at the end. But after i connect my hdd to a pc, there is no backup folders ? Same scenario with App2USB. Really strange. HDD is exFAT formatted.

sorry I've made a mistake it s a 4tb drive not 7. thanks !

Thanks for suggestion !

Hi quick question.
I've a ps4 on 5.55 ive backed it up to hard drive i also have a new 5.05 ps4 if i restore the 5.55 back up of stuff onto the 5.05 ps4 will it still be 5.05 after restore or will the firmware be 5.55
Thanks

Hi All, i have something strange today when i want to backup only my saved data via settings/system/backup and restore menu. If i unchecked all applications it displays 0/x but it remains 15 Go ?! Few days ago it still remaind 0 Go. Obviously i have a scorie but i dont know why and how to clean my system without doing a reset. Any help would be appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back