Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently @stooged lent a hand sharing both details with source code on Backing Up and Restoring the PS4 Database, and he followed up with a handy DbBackup.bin Payload compiled for PS4 4.05 OFW users to backup their PlayStation 4 database to a USB Drive alongside one for dumping save data below. :love:

Download: DbBackup.zip / Source Code / DB_SG_Backup.zip (8.79 KB - dumps save data into a folder called GameSaves) / DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip (8.27 KB - Dumps All User Accounts) / DB_SG_Backup3.zip (8.82 KB - Adds Notification Messages from 2much4u) / DB_Backup_455.zip (Updated for 4.55) / usb_455_db_backup.zip (0.02 MB) / Cache-Install: ApplicationCache.db / DB_SG_Backup-50X (Latest) / GIT

To quote from his recent post with usage instructions:

just put a usb stick/drive into the usb port and run the DbBackup.bin payload

it will save the addcont.db and app.db files inside a folder called DB_Dackup on the usb drive.

if you do not use a usb stick/drive it will backup the database into the /system_data/priv/mms/ folder on the ps4 and it will be called app.db_backup.

to restore the db just ftp into the /system_data/priv/mms/ directory and upload your backup copy.

credit to @XVortex for the neat way to check which usb port has the drive in it in their ps4dumper source, I tried a few other things with no decent result but @XVortex had a simple method to do the trick :)
DbBackup.bin Payload Backup PS4 Database to USB Drive by Stooged.jpg

Comments

this really works? i did a backup on 5.05, but there is a user that says that this not work, he tried to restore the .db and the games did no appear and he tried to restore the savedata and did not work, i can do a bakcup of my savedata of each game from settings, this is because before at the hack was realease, i connect my ps4 to psn, at least some people can do the savedata backup by that way and the others using the payload.

best regards.

@stooged im having a lot of out of memory issues when i convert the released version for 4.55 to webpage loading, Ive converted all my payloads to html but that one refuses to work unless i just send it with netcat

Hi Guys... Hopefully someone with greater knowledge than myself. Can help me fix this mess.

Here is a quick rundown of what gone on. I upgraded The PS4 with a 2TB Seagate Firecuda and everything went fine. I purchased a small Wi-Fi board to host the payloads offline using Zoilus YouTube tutorial and his latest payload 2.3 bin and that went without a hitch.

Now here is the problem. The Firecuda drive died and it is only 4 months old… So as you can imagine everything is lost.

I am not too bothered concerning the games that where on the drive ….as I can easily just reinstall.

I am more concerned with the save games and users on this console. Just prior (a few days previous) I had used the DB & SG Backup from the zoilus payload and backed up the data to USB Dongle.

What I need to know is... What is the best method to move forward? I have now installed the original 1TB that came with the console and all re initialized fresh. Do I then create the users that where on the 2TB dead drive onto the new 1TB and then what? What if any files do I transfer from the saved dongle? FTP across to the new drive. Do I install game prior to FTP the info across ect.

Please if anyone can help I would really appreciate the time and explanation in detail PLEASE. As the missus had GOW4 important saves and my daughter had a few important saves also.

Thank you anyone whom can assist... and thank you to the creator of the backup database as it may just help save my day fingers crossed.

Just an update to my previous post concerning the Dead hard drive. Looks like the database dump used in zoilus payload is DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip.

That's what is states in the readme file with 2 folders DB_Dackup and UserData
The DB_Dackup has 3 files addcont/ app / av_content_bg
The UserData folder as 2 folders and in each folder multiple folders.

I am on firmware 5.05 So am I screwed as I am sure I read somewhere that this DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip is only compatible with 4.55 and if this is correct ?

then I am really annoyed ...as the payload I used was stated as latest updated payloads ...which may not be the case? and if that's correct? Then I am truly screwed over by that oversight... Hopefully I am totally wrong and it's all good.

Just to clarify Guys ..it is the exact same readme text as what is posted on page 1 of this official thread. So I really don't know. it may well be the latest ?

I have read every post on this thread and am still somewhat unsure if I have the correct data to restore users and saves ...So Please if anyone can clarify?

Thanks for any feedback or help.

Best Regards,

Guys whom want to do a database restore... Really good luck with that... I found it impossible to do following my hard drive just failing on me... I have all the data saved and everything.. The problem being I could not restore it as I was getting constant corruption.

I would STRONGLY advise anyone whom cares for their saves and data saves to make a USB backup via the official setting options... it will create and dump all the user saves and data from the PS4 and if something like what happened too me happens to you etc...Then you can just reinstall your games and then just restore your users and data via ...again the official PS4 setting.

Trust me it's the best option if your HD ever fails at least you have the saves and user info. I learnt my lesson the hard way ...and now always make a USB saves data user backup every week or so.

I think this method in this thread is only good for corruption occurring following a kernel panic and did not help my situation.
Best Regards,

HI... I have used database restructure..... Now all my games are gone and either have to install and then deinstall them or format the system.

Can anyone tell me if the Backup under Userguide is enough to get back my saves after an format of the disc? I have read something about the usderid and that it could not work. Otherwise I will have to install and deinstall every single game....

TL;DR: Is the backup under userguide enough to save my data before an format?

Hello friends. Let's see if someone helps me, I can not do it. It turns out that I made a Backup with the @stooged payload (thanks) and for whatever reason I had to format the HDD so I completely formatted it.

Finally, after two hours of formatting I began to send the data by FTP with the HEN activated (curiously the file ApplicationCache.db always gives an error when uploading it by FIleZilla) anyway, when I turn the PS4 off/on, it rebuilds the database and everything appears to me but when entering Trophies they disappear one by one :unsure: and when installing a game and start it tells me that the saved data is corrupted.

I have seen by the FIleZilla that the user's folder, his ID, has changed. I suppose that the saved data, apart from the folders, will save some type of record of that ID and that is why even though it appears it does not work with this new user.

Someone could help me if he has been through the same situation.

Beforehand thank you very much. P.D Excuse my English from google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back