Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently @stooged lent a hand sharing both details with source code on Backing Up and Restoring the PS4 Database, and he followed up with a handy DbBackup.bin Payload compiled for PS4 4.05 OFW users to backup their PlayStation 4 database to a USB Drive alongside one for dumping save data below. :love:

Download: DbBackup.zip / Source Code / DB_SG_Backup.zip (8.79 KB - dumps save data into a folder called GameSaves) / DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip (8.27 KB - Dumps All User Accounts) / DB_SG_Backup3.zip (8.82 KB - Adds Notification Messages from 2much4u) / DB_Backup_455.zip (Updated for 4.55) / usb_455_db_backup.zip (0.02 MB) / Cache-Install: ApplicationCache.db / DB_SG_Backup-50X (Latest) / GIT

To quote from his recent post with usage instructions:

just put a usb stick/drive into the usb port and run the DbBackup.bin payload

it will save the addcont.db and app.db files inside a folder called DB_Dackup on the usb drive.

if you do not use a usb stick/drive it will backup the database into the /system_data/priv/mms/ folder on the ps4 and it will be called app.db_backup.

to restore the db just ftp into the /system_data/priv/mms/ directory and upload your backup copy.

credit to @XVortex for the neat way to check which usb port has the drive in it in their ps4dumper source, I tried a few other things with no decent result but @XVortex had a simple method to do the trick :)
DbBackup.bin Payload Backup PS4 Database to USB Drive by Stooged.jpg

Comments

That's correct, saves are encrypted with the user ID and can only be used on that user profile. There's currently no way to decrypt them to be used on another user profile.

@mschumacher69 Thanks for your response, mate. I tried with DB browser for SQLite to edit the user ID that is shown in app.db and I also did it with savedata.db but it did not work, when I started the PS4 it showed everything installed but as if they were not installed, and again the trophies disappeared when entering the trophies section and the saved games mark as corrupt.

I smell like I've lost a lot of hours of saved games. And I'm sure that when a tool that helps with these things comes out I will have already replayed my games hehehe.

Thank you very much and next time I will have to be more cautious. Regards :)

Yeah editing the user ID is not enough. The save file is encrypted. It would need to be decrypted and re-encrypted with the new user id, which is currently not possible yet.

@mschumacher69 I could be wrong but I think cfwprpht dropped some save related key dumping tools a while back, but I forget how useful, iirc they were for the decryption element, you can dump them yourself but they’re also on devwiki.

So I think just re-Encryptiing is the issue, I’m shocked we can’t fake sign saves yet.

I’m also 99% sure there are tools out there ready to patch saves once the full set of keys are fed into them: and I know people have SAMU keys...

I mean not just save wizard......

Spoiler

Is there any way to restore a user account using the backup? I accidentally deleted my original user account when setting up a new one. I tried putting everything back, but the PS4 keeps showing me the new account only...

I found that to use the backup tool of the PS4, I must have the latest firmware version. I suppose that while I will continue to do the Backup with the Stooged payload.

I thought to make a backup with the native tool of the video game console because as I read in previous pages, this is the best way to save the saved games and through the Stooged payload the trophies to be able to be restored later. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

And now that I read # 215 that does not restore the user with the native tool and I'm afraid to lose everything again, now that I have resigned to start from 0 ....

One question, is there any way to use the native tool in a video game console that has never stepped on PSN. Thank you :)

Greetings

@DEFAULTDNB yeah I've seen posts about decrypting game saves, but there doesn't seem to be a complete method from A to Z yet. Either something is still missing, or someone is yet to put together a tool that does it.

@DaRKeN58 you can use the built-in backup/restore tool even if you've never connected to PSN. This would backup/restore you profile, games, saves and settings. You can even restore a PSN activated profile.

WITHOUT a PSN profile, does anyone have a clear cut way to backup the users and save data to USB or something via FTP on 5.05? There is a lot of various techniques and misinformed suggestions floating around. It appears you need to have signed in to PSN at least once for anything to work correctly.

@mschumacher69: This is _NOT_ true! I have tried it all the way through, even before backing up it states.... "Saved data for the following users cannot be restored to any PS4 other than this PS4.

User1

If you want to restore these users' saved data to another PS4, they must sign in to Playstation Network before you create backup data. Do you want to continue backing up?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back