Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently @stooged lent a hand sharing both details with source code on Backing Up and Restoring the PS4 Database, and he followed up with a handy DbBackup.bin Payload compiled for PS4 4.05 OFW users to backup their PlayStation 4 database to a USB Drive alongside one for dumping save data below. :love:

Download: DbBackup.zip / Source Code / DB_SG_Backup.zip (8.79 KB - dumps save data into a folder called GameSaves) / DB_SG_Backup_v2.zip (8.27 KB - Dumps All User Accounts) / DB_SG_Backup3.zip (8.82 KB - Adds Notification Messages from 2much4u) / DB_Backup_455.zip (Updated for 4.55) / usb_455_db_backup.zip (0.02 MB) / Cache-Install: ApplicationCache.db / DB_SG_Backup-50X (Latest) / GIT

To quote from his recent post with usage instructions:

just put a usb stick/drive into the usb port and run the DbBackup.bin payload

it will save the addcont.db and app.db files inside a folder called DB_Dackup on the usb drive.

if you do not use a usb stick/drive it will backup the database into the /system_data/priv/mms/ folder on the ps4 and it will be called app.db_backup.

to restore the db just ftp into the /system_data/priv/mms/ directory and upload your backup copy.

credit to @XVortex for the neat way to check which usb port has the drive in it in their ps4dumper source, I tried a few other things with no decent result but @XVortex had a simple method to do the trick :)
DbBackup.bin Payload Backup PS4 Database to USB Drive by Stooged.jpg

Comments

i feel i should warn people but this 5.05 mira-hen isn't 100 percent stable just yet if your on 4.55 stay on there until the scene irons out the bugs. I almost had to reformat my 8tb external drive with legit accounts and games because the bug of just cutting off the ps4s power supply is still evident. luckily i waited a few minutes then the ps4 repaired the external after the 2nd try.

Also note make sure you run the db backup in case of anything.
@stooged you think it would be a good idea to add the saving of account files to your payload kinda like how someone from the vita scene made?

@CapoCEO

Its not a bug cutting power supply its called a panic its basically the ps4 crashing and it can happen with all the exploits.

You dont need to use mira and to be honest right now mira really does not offer much to the end user.

You just use the normal xvortex hen and eveything will work like it did on 455

If the exploit loader you are using is forcing mira every time you load the exploit then use a different loader because its not necessary to have mira loaded to use the 505 exploit and xvortex hen

@stooged i realized that literally before i used mira i didn't have panic shut offs because i was using regular xv-hen. i use your apk more than anything and barely had any issues. At times i'll use al's too from win 10 but i am usually doing heavy duty usage and is why having your apk is convenient as hell!

Hey stooged I'm thinking about upgrading my internal HDD, will this help me to transfer save games + trophies to new hdd? Asking because using the official PS4 backup, trophies are not backed up.

@stooged , Thanks for the update.

@kontotestowe ,@Tanmay007 , This is what I did when I upgraded my HDD to 2TB.

WARNING!! This will not backup your games. You will have to reinstall all of your games again.

If you do not have the game pkg files already saved somewhere there are methods of backing them up from the ps4 but I will not go into that now. There is an option in backup and restore to backup your applications but I did not test this and you would need a spare USB drive large enough to fit all your games.

Using this method you can backup/restore your User Profile, PS4 Settings, game saves and trophies when upgrading your HDD.

You will need a USB drive large enough to fit your saves.

1: backup your saves to USB.
Go to settings/system/backup and restore/back up ps4/
when it asks to sync trophy data just click yes.
Deselect all Applications.
Select 'Saved Data' and anything else you want to backup.
Click next to backup what you have selected to your USB drive.

2: backup your Trophies.
You cannot backup your trophies using the above method because it needs access to PSN.
So to backup your Trophy data do the following:
Use stooged's latest release of DB_SG_Backup-50X https://github.com/stooged/DB_SG_Backup-50X/releases or you can do it manually using FTP.
The folders you need to backup are:
user/home/xxxxxxxx/trophy
user/trophy

3: Restore the data.
Now you have a backup of your saves and trophies you can Upgrade your HDD and used the recovery.pup to reinstall the system software.

When that is done, use backup and restore again from settings but this time choose restore.
When that is done, FTP into your ps4 and replace the 2 trophy folders that you have backed up.

Your game saves and trophies are now restored.
Now reinstall your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back