Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get some time to goto my local Jaycar store and pickup some ESP8266 boards and some SD breakout boards.

I have put together a small example of a webserver with the files hosted off a SD card. Using an SD card allows you to update the payloads without needing to flash the ESP board and it allows you to have more than around 4MB of files because the ESP boards have a low amount of storage memory. It also has a DNS server built in so you can use it via the user guide on the PS4.

You can also configure the webserver and wifi access point from a file on the SD card with CONFIG.INI.

The Arduino SD library is limited to 8:3 file name format which means all the file names must be 8 characters or less and the file extension must be 3 characters or less, this would be the limit FILENAME.TXT

:alert: Make sure you use a SD card that is formatted to fat or fat32.

On my board (d1 mini compatible) the following pins are used with the SD breakout board
  • D5 = SCK
  • D6 = MISO
  • D7 = MOSI
  • D8 = SS
ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged 2.jpg

You can find datasheets online for all the different types of boards so you should be able to find the pins you need to connect to.

The ino sketch and SD files are here: https://github.com/stooged/ESP-Server

ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged.jpg@pearlxcore has a guide here on how to program the ESP8266 board using the Arduino ide.

I might look at opening up one of my PS4s and installing it inside the PS4 and soldering it in because it is pretty small.

ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged 3.jpg

ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged 4.jpg

Comments

from what I can see on the internet on boards that look the same as your one the D5 to D8 pins all match

but what I cant find is what voltage the VIN is on that board, you are using a micro sd breakout board and most of the ones I have seen for "micro sd" don't have logic converters which means the VCC needs to be connected to a 3v pin not a 5v pin if the VIN on that esp board is 5v it might over volt the sd card.

open the serial monitor in the Arduino ide so you can read what the board is doing.

if it prints:

No SD card found
Starting Wifi AP without webserver

it means the sd card is not connected properly
you need to have a fat or fat32 formatted sd card in the board and connected properly for the webserver to start.
exfat will not work with the Arduino sd library.

you can also do a connection test on the ps4 to see if its handing you an ip, the internet test will fail but it should obtain ip.

also don't use any custom settings on the ps4 like dns or proxy or ip etc just let it auto config everything.

@stooged yeah i am getting an ip just fine when connected to the ps4. Everything is set to auto, card is fat32, i connected it now to 3v ..etc... still no joy. Do i actually need to "assign" the pins in the sketch? Im guessing not but i'd figure i ask.

Unfortunately the 4.55 exploit playground i put together i wanted it to have 3 variants, those who are hosting on pc or smart device, the arduino 8266 esp12, and then sd card option as the 3rd. I guess i will have to stick with just the other 2 because dang getting this card to work has been a major headache.

You need to view the serial output from the esp board to see if the sd card is initialized.

@Zoilus

I changed the sketch on GitHub so if it does not find the sd card it will print no sd card to the web browser.

Thank You Stooged!
I finished my new v3 project, now from SD Card including all in one.
Ps4 Exploit, PS3Xploit HAN and CFW, Vita HENkaku 3.60 and Switch PegaSwitch.

KkI7vMB.png

It will be released on Monday.

thanks @stooged !! ok i seem to be getting closer... I haven't used the newer update you did, still working on the other one... so what i did was changed the (SD.begin(SS)) to (!SD.begin(D8)) and now it seems to find the card fine in serial monitor.. see the first pic... and im not getting an error on the ps4 browser!

BUT , now on the browser im getting

URI: /document/en/ps4/index.html
Method: GET
Arguments: 0

I actually tried to put a documents folder on the root of the sd card , then an "en" folder in that... and so on and then i put your index file and all the "sd card" files there and nothing. I renamed the index.htm to .html ...nothing. So it seems like im almost there... any ideas?

Its funny because when i host my files on my pc so i can get them to pop up in the user guide, I would have to use fakedns.py along with Xampp, and in xampp i have that exact same directory set up and it works "/document/en/ps4/index.html" but here it doesn't

and thanks again for the help mate!

VdFcyl4.jpg

TeuceDE.jpg

you cant rename index.htm to html because the Arduino sd library only supports the 8:3 filename format.

this means a filename can only be 12345678.123

html is 4 chars long so it cant read it the extension must be 3 or less and that's why its htm

the sketch replaces any browser request for ".html" to ".htm" when loading a file.
the message printed to the browser that you see is the original unchanged request path so that's why it says .html.

the sketch parses the document/xx/ps4 and redirects it to the root of the sd card so the index.htm must be in the root of the sd card

@stooged oh yeah i forgot about the 8:3 thing but i had changed it back. However, even when left at .htm and when your sd card files are on the root of the sd card including index.htm... it still gives me that exact same thing... the browser opening to /documents/en/ps4/index.htm which of course isn't going to work since thats not where the files are.

At least it seems like the card works so thats good, now the issue seems to be revolving around the user guide and the arduino reverting back to its self and displaying the proper index.

@stooged how to proceed when the file request has a name longer than 8 characters? install_button. png
I put the name as install. png but how to edit your sketch to send with full name?
How to use startsWith() in replace to endsWith()?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back