@zecoxao shared a guide inspired by this code to enable more logs on retail PS4 1.76 consoles with help from @oneman123 aka z80 complete with a MemPatch payload and ELF for Hitodama's Playground.
Download: mempatch.zip (18 KB) / mempatch_retail.elf (68.33 KB)
To quote from zecoxao: How to Enable More Logs on Your Retail Console Tutorial
z80 (https://twitter.com/ZiL0G80) for finding the patches to enable more UART | /dev/klog logs on his console
You will need:
- Retail Payload
- elfldr / extreme-modding.de playground's elf loader (elf loading)
- UART Soldering Skills / FTP Server (to grab logs from /dev/klog)
- PS4 on 1.76
- Fire up your own elfldr or extreme-modding.de one (it needs to go all the way to step 5 without out of memory!)
- Listen to the payload:Code:#listener socat - TCP:my.ps4.ip:5052
- Send the payload:Code:#sender socat -u FILE:path/to/mempatch_retail.elf TCP:my.ps4.ip:5053
- Launch a game or a system app
- [Extra UART] If you have UART connected, listen to the logs while the game or app is being loaded
- [Extra klog] If you're not a soldering guy, just grab the content fromOn your ftp root server.Code:/dev/klog
WARNING! Logs will delete themselves once every a couple of minutes or so!
- You should have some extra logs.
To quote from zecoxao: To enable more logs on retail ps4 1.76, add this code to the start of your kernel payload: *(uint16_t *)0xFFFFFFFF832B26F8 = 1;
Thanks to both @lobimagobi and @raedoob for the news tips in the PSXHAX Shoutbox!