Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM       70,034       93            
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:

Spoiler

Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)
How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50 by @MODDEDWARFARE
How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Nino Z

Contributor
Verified
I wish there was a way to apply an update which requires a higher firmware than the hacked one. I am on 4.55 and want to update my diablo, but the update requires 4.70

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

FrogDR

Contributor
It would be great that someone smart create some app like Awesome Update Findr 0.3 was on PS3....

Can we now find a specific update (not the latest) that not required more than 4.55 firmware ?

lunus

Contributor
if I own the original disk can I upgrade directly over the internet or just per file in the install packages option? I want to generate an updated pkg of my games is there a risk of losing the 4.55 release?

mschumacher69

Contributor
You cannot update directly. You have to download the update pkg on ur PC and then install it via debug settings. Then you can dump the game and the update.

lunus

Contributor
how to join the game and patch in a single pkg file? while doing the dump was generated two separate folders of the app and the patch. thank you

WalangAlam

Contributor
Verified
My games have Title ID beginning in PCAS and PLAS. I think they are region 3. I cant find any update in octolus or orbismodding. Are octolus and orbismodding have eu and us game updates only? No asian?

HK31

Contributor
Hi @WalangAlam , the game on the box starts with PLAS or PCAS but if you empty the game you will see that the id starts with CUSA, otherwise just empty the game param.sfo via ftp and you will have the ID, it will allow you to download the update via orbismodding

Recent Articles
Sony CEO Jim Ryan States PS5 Price Won't be the Lowest, Reflects Value
With their official PS5 Gaming Showcase set to be unveiled next week, Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan revealed in an interview that the PlayStation 5 Price won't be the...
PlayStation 5 Unveiling Next Thursday, Limited Backwards Compatibility?!
Although not likely to be as next-gen as this PS5 Concept Video for the DualSense PS5 Controller, today Sony finally announced their next-generation PlayStation 5 console unveiling will take place...
PS4HEN 2.1.4 Github Fork with Save Data Mounting by xXxTheDarkprogramerxXx
Following the PS4 HEN 2.1.3 updates, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @TheDarkprograme shared a PS4HEN 2.1.4 Github fork (from SiSTR0's repository, also forked from xvortex) via Twitter that...
PS4 ROP 8CC: Return-Oriented Programming Port by Sleirsgoevy for 6.51 WebKit Exploit
We've seen PS3 Browser ROP Exploitation, a PS4 ROP Tool, a PS4 ROP / SPRX / ELF File Archive, PS4 ROP Gadgets, a PS4 ROP Kernel Dumper and following his Blu-Play DOOM I Port PlayStation 4 scene...